A Data Analyst / Engineer is required to work in the Data Management team within a data driven digital bank. Atom Bank are currently developing a new data architecture to support their current and future needs and objectives. The Data Analyst / Engineer will be required to build and maintain data pipelines, combined with integrating, consolidation and transmitting of data along with assessing data quality.
The successful candidate will, primarily, work alongside the Analytics team and a variety of other teams in the business.
Successful use of database techniques and methodologies to create an efficient, sustainable and agile platform are key to this role.
Insight & Intelligence have responsibility for the management of Atom’s data from end to end, from sourcing and integration, right through to deliver of business reporting and predictive models. Hence, there will be an opportunity to be involved in all parts of this life cycle within to support our dynamic business
- Required to liaise with senior stakeholders to gain an understanding to their requirements whilst possessing the ability to translate these business requirements into technical delivery.
- Responsible for the design and integrity of data solutions delivered to the business.
- Responsible for the administration and configuration of Atoms data warehouse technology.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to translate requirements into deliverables in a consistent and logical way.
- Understands data availability, lineage and quality and can apply to the correct deliverables.
- Understand Atoms vision, strategy and principles for data management
- Understand how data can be used to drive operational and strategic decisions.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and deployment of data solutions and the integration of new technologies as they develop.
- Strong coding skills in Java, C#, SQL, Python, Scala and Shell Scripting
- In-depth knowledge of Data Modeling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
- A mixture of SQL and No-SQL technology experience and how these different approaches combine together
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and delivery of Data Governance practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- A background in data management preferably focused on data provision for analytics, using large and complex data.
- Shows a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Is familiar with the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems in small to medium sized organisations
- Experience using the Datastax Enterprise solution
- Experience using Kafka data streaming, or similar streaming platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise data management toolsets and their capabilities
- Experience of working in a controlled project lifecycle or agile methodology
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.