Atom Bank are currently developing a new data architecture to support their current and future needs and objectives, a Senior Data Engineer is required to work within the Data Management team, and alongside other senior stakeholders.
This is a newly created Senior Data Engineer position where you will take ownership of projects and data management best practices as well as mentor more junior data engineers in activities: You will work directly with senior stakeholders managing competing demand for data across the bank, you will recommend, agree and adjust priorities and progress planning for ongoing execution against an evolving Roadmap.
Insight & Intelligence have responsibility for the management of Atom’s data from end to end, from sourcing and integration, right through to deliver of business reporting and predictive models. Hence, there will be an opportunity to be involved in all parts of this life cycle within to support our dynamic business
- Work with stakeholders within the bank, and externally too, establishing and maintaining strong ongoing working relationships with providers of data.
- Be responsible for leading, managing and delivering all aspects of development activities to meet customer needs ensure adherence to standards across the Data Engineering community
- Lead the shaping of solutions, ensuring strategic fit, following the agreed principles and contribute to continuous improvement of Data Management within the bank.
- Work collaboratively with other technologists, including Data Architects, DevOps and Project Managers to investigate and develop solutions
- Have advanced understanding of data management and analysis technologies including, Apache Kafka, Java.
- Work alongside the Data Manager to establish best practices within the bank and deliver on the data strategy and deliver an efficient, sustainable and agile data management platform
- Develop new methodologies for data management, utilising data new architecture and streaming data to allow the bank to become the most customer centric bank.
- Work with stakeholders to identify data management requirements and projects
- Developing and implementing data models, data quality standards, and continued optimisation of data Processes
- Providing technical leadership to a team of Data Engineers along with providing oversight to the products they develop.
- A key member of the data governance working group
- You will lead a team of data engineers responsible for all aspects of data onboarding and maintenance from different data sources, ensuring all work is delivered on time and in budget.
- Responsible for the administration, governance and configuration of Atoms data warehouse technology.
- Key member of the Data Governance community, responsible for implementing and upholding data standards.
- Point of contact for DevOps and Architecture, with a required understanding of a development lifecycle.
- Required to liaise with senior stakeholders to gain an understanding to their requirements whilst possessing the ability to translate these business requirements into technical delivery.
- Responsible for the design and integrity of data solutions delivered to the business.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to translate requirements into deliverables in a consistent and logical way.
- Understands data availability, lineage and quality and can apply to the correct deliverables.
- Adherence to IT Delivery governance, controls, methodologies and compliance standards and expectations
- Advanced understanding of Apache Kafka (or similar streaming platforms), C#, SQL, Python, and streaming technologies.
- Experience of cloud-based technologies.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Data Engineering capacity, with complex data sets.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding of the data management lifecycle
- Advanced experience in design, development and deployment of data solutions and the integration of new technologies as they develop.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Modeling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
- A mixture of SQL and No-SQL technology experience and how these different approaches combine together
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the delivery of Data Governance practices and standards.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years experience in data management preferably focused on data provision for analytics, using large and complex data.
- Experience in leading a team of data engineers.
- Shows a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Is familiar with the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems in small to medium sized organisations
- Experience using Kafka data streaming, or similar streaming platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise data management toolsets and their capabilities
- Experience of working in a controlled project lifecycle or agile methodology
- Understand Atoms vision, strategy and principles for data management
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.