Internal Technology Auditor
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
What’s it all about?
Atom’s Internal Audit function are a close knit, collaborative team who are an integral part of the bank, providing assurance to Atom’s senior management, board and regulators in areas including governance, risk management & internal controls.
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank, and the role of internal technology auditor helps us achieve this.
As Internal Technology Auditor you’ll be hands on, working across different parts of the bank understanding how a fintech works, testing our tech processes and controls, with a keen focus on cyber security and resilience risks. Whilst gaining exposure to various functions, you’ll be able to build great working relationships & partnerships to drive time sensitive deliverable, issues tracking and reporting.
This role is a varied and fast paced one, with no two days the same and would suit a self-starter, someone confident in their ability to advise & influence senior stakeholders and assist the Audit team in continuing to impact and improve the business.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Support the in-house Internal Audit team and co-sourced internal audit partner with planning, scoping, execution and reporting of audits including follow up management, with a focus on IT, cyber, infrastructure and resilience related reviews
- Prepare planning memos, working papers and reports in line with departmental and IIA standards
- Identify key risk areas in order to develop the audit plan.
- Perform audit risk assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures
- Provide quality, effective and efficient assurance to enhance the IT environment.
- Evaluate IT control design and testing of IT process controls, including those covering cyber security and resilience.
- Report and present (written and verbally) review findings to senior management.
What do we need from you?
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of auditing relating to cyber security, information technology, infrastructure, system implementation, resilience, and general IT operational controls
- Internal audit or equivalent consulting experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels, including positive stakeholder management
- Have a keen interest in technology
- Be a highly motivated & resilient self-starter
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Possess an IT Internal audit (e.g. CISA), IT risk management, accountancy or cyber/security qualification or be part qualified
- Experience of auditing cloud-based technology and infrastructure
- Experience of liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including ICO and FCA regulators
- Partnership management experience
- Proven deliverability of technology and cyber audit plans (or equivalent assurance/advisory/compliance deliverables).
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at