We’re Atom bank
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
Want to join us?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
It’s important that everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry.
Atom is seeking an Technology Internal Auditor to join its Internal Audit department, reporting to the Head of Internal Audit. This is a hands-on audit role with primary responsibility for completing detailed testing of IT processes and controls, with a focus on cyber security and resilience risks. You will also assist in performing risk and control assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures. You should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting. You must be able to work effectively with both the in-house team and with Atom’s appointed Internal Audit partner. You must have the experience of confidently delivering IT recommendations to management and executives while being able to act independently, show resilience and accept challenge. The candidate must also be flexible and willing to support the in-house Internal Audit team in any other required Internal Audit activities.
We’re using the latest, cutting edge Technology to ensure we continue to be the UK’s most innovative Fin-tech. Using our fantastic Technology stack, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
This role is captured under the Regulatory Certification Regime.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Support the in-house Internal Audit team and co-sourced internal audit partner with planning, scoping, execution and reporting of audits including follow up management, with a focus on IT, cyber, infrastructure and resilience related reviews
- Prepare planning memos, working papers and reports in line with departmental and IIA standards.
- Identify key risk areas in order to develop the audit plan. Perform audit risk assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures
- Provide quality, effective and efficient assurance to enhance the IT environment. Evaluate IT control design and testing of IT process controls, including those covering cyber security and resilience
- Manage stakeholders across the business through the development of strong working relationships
- Report and present (written and verbally) review findings to senior management
- Promote the continuous improvement of risk management and control processes across Atom Bank through the development of ongoing relationships with management ensuring that issues are escalated as appropriate and resolved and through ad hoc support to help them enhance and embed a better control environment
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience of auditing (or providing cyber consultancy/professional services) relating to cyber security, information technology, infrastructure, system implementation, resilience and general IT operational controls
- Internal audit or equivalent consulting or cyber professional experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing abilities at all levels, including positive stakeholder management
- Highly motivated and resilient
- Passionate about Atom and its core values
What would we ideally like from you?
- IT Internal audit, IT risk management, accountancy or cyber/security qualification or part qualified
- A good understanding of financial services
- Experience of auditing cloud-based technology and infrastructure
- Experience of liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including ICO and FCA regulators
- Partnership management experience
- Innovative and commitment to continued learning
- Proven deliverability of technology and cyber audit plans (or equivalent assurance/advisory/compliance deliverables)
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at