Intermediary Support Team Leader
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
The Commercial department works closely with the rest of the business to research, design, create and develop a range of propositions for Atom personal and business customers. The team is made up of Mortgages, Business Lending, Savings and Partnerships and is supported by the Intermediary team who develop Atoms product sales capability and manage many relationships with brokers and other third parties that support the growth of Atoms product lines.
The Team Leader will provide leadership, management and development within the office based Intermediary support team. The direct lines of responsibility will include some of the following:
- Responsible for the management, leadership, and output of the intermediary administration section & Intermediary Support Agents
- Responsible for the management, leadership, and output of the TBDM team (Residential). Responsible for the management, leadership and output of the TBDM team (Business Banking), oversight of business processes and active role in developing our new business banking service proposition
- Expectation to pick up some subordinated duties on a project or process basis as and when required representing the Intermediary channel in the absence of the HOBD/Director of Intermediaries
The responsibilities listed above will be divided between the Team Leader positions following appointment. Additional duties may include ensuring a valid panel is maintained, ensuring key administrative duties are fulfilled and compliant, quality control checks on activities are conducted in line with procedures, operational working hours are maintained, and all other administration and support functions are undertaken as required. The role will require you to use your management skills to ensure all work is completed within conduct and regulatory compliance, with a strong focus on attention to detail and accountability. You will be responsible for delivering outstanding levels of service and support to our Business Development teams and intermediary partners.
As we continue to develop and expand the services, we offer to intermediaries both those dealing with residential lending and commercial this role is key in ensuring our team (and any new members) gain and retain competence, are coached and monitored effectively and are aligned to the delivery of the banks strategic objectives. The Team Leader will be part of an energetic, empowered and capable team that delivers a strong intermediary proposition, a partnership approach to our networks and intermediary firms, market leading customer service, robust first line of defence activities, and process and system enhancements.
The role holder will work alongside the Regional Business Development Managers, Intermediary Support team, Mortgage Processing, Operations and other key areas of the business, and report to the Head of Business Development.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As the Intermediary Support Team Leader, your responsibilities will include;
- Operational Leadership
- Performance management and development of their team members
- Delivering communications to the team to ensure that they are fully engaged
- Motivation and development of team
- Ensuring the team comply with internal controls and external regulations
- Continually reviewing team performance and pro-actively respond to changes in demand
What do we need from you?
- Proven and demonstrable experience in a leadership role
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to respond to change
- People management capabilities
- A strong communicator and influencer at all levels.
- Self-motivated with exceptional planning, organisation and activity management skills.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence
- Proven and demonstrable experience delivering inbound and outbound telephony based customer service or sales with strong relationship management skills.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Process design experience
- Project management/delivery
- Admin process design experience
- Training material delivery
- Ancillary mortgage related product experience
- Extensive knowledge of the mortgage, commercial and intermediary market
What’s in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship. All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at