The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Commercial function develops the end of end customer experience through using insight and intelligence to drive the design and development of propositions and products that are delivered digitally. Atom’s approach is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness, and value. The Commercial team ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective of Atom’s products being differentiated and ahead of the market.
The Product Manager is responsible for guiding and prioritising proposition and product design, assessing external changes and market opportunities in meeting customer needs. The role holder manages product ownership, performance management, propositional regulatory/compliance adherence, and risk management of propositions.
In relation to the certification regime, the role holder must:
- Assist the firm with our requirement to ensure that they remain fit and proper to perform the role.
- Pay due regard to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Help the bank to ensure the ongoing provision of fair customer outcomes.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
As a Product Manager at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the Product Owner for changes to products and sales journeys
- Collaboration with business and technical stakeholders to:
- create & maintain Product Roadmaps
- help move business ideas to detailed feature definitions and release clusters
- break down problems into feature definitions
- capture of feature business value and priority
- manage the product feature backlog for their domain
- Clearly express and prioritise Product Backlog items to best achieve goals and missions
- Effective escalation in the management of risk in all projects
- Monitor external markets, to ensure Atom’s product range and proposition is relevant to market conditions & customer needs.
- Ensure the product ranges are fit for purpose, to support acquisition and retention strategies.
- Guide and inform the proposition design and product development roadmap for strategic initiatives and the enhancement of products via projects and small change
- Manage and optimise product level customer journeys and supporting processes.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the business strategies and plans
- Maintain and manage T&Cs and product mandatory comms
- Complete root cause analysis and resolution on customer feedback relating to the product range.
- Ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective to create propositions that are differentiated or ahead of the market
- Proactively identify and manage the risks involved in building and running the bank, including propositional regulatory, Compliance and Conduct Risk adherence
- Make recommendations and provide relevant reporting to internal governance committees including ExCo, P&SCC, PriceCo and ALCo
- Ensure continued high performance within the wider team in assisting others with their duties when required or providing cover when required
- Lead & contribute to working groups and project delivery forums
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including the Finance, Risk and Operations functions.
What do we need from you?
- Relevant experience in mortgage product management within retail banking
- Up-to-date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB)
- Experience of managing pricing and risk strategies for mortgage products
- Highly numerate / attention to detail
- Commercially astute and customer oriented
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Up-to-date external market knowledge / FS market trends
- Working understanding of the evolving Atom proposition.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Mortgage /Savings market experience
- Product design and development using customer research / insight led techniques
- Scaled Agile or Product Owner experience
- Experience of digital deliveries.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications and career pathways
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at