Outsourcing & Procurement Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
The Corporate Services team supports the business across Vendor Management and Procurement, Facilities and Legal as well as fulfilling all Company Secretarial responsibilities. The team work closely together to provide an outstanding and uninterrupted service to suppliers, shareholders, executives and employees within Atom.
The Outsourcing and Procurement Analyst is required to support the Outsourcing and Third Party Management Lead in terms of administration, reporting and research within the function, and on occasion deputise in place of the Outsourcing and Third Party Management Lead in meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers.
The Outsourcing and Procurement Analyst will have experience of the end-to-end procurement process and be fully competent in progressing medium level tasks within the Procurement and Vendor Management frameworks.
The role will involve the monitoring and accurate record keeping of documents and processes that evidence that correct procedures are followed for third party engagement and on-going supplier relationship management within a regulatory framework, and the compilation and analysis of supplier data.
The role will mean working closely with Finance, Risk, Operations and Legal.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As an Outsourcing and Procurement Analyst in Atom, your responsibilities will include;
- Assist in the delivery of supplier management in the business.
- Assist in the management of supplier contracts and third-party engagements
- Obtain and prepare supplier due diligence reports, meeting minutes, and conduct analysis on supplier financial standings, benchmarking etc. both on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Obtain and prepare monthly SRM MI data information for input to governance committees.
- Under the guidance of the Outsourcing and Third Party Management Lead, assist in procurement activity (including preparation of Contract Cover Notes, RFI and RFP tenders, RFP evaluation and scoring in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders).
- Prepare bespoke presentations for senior stakeholders to achieve joint understanding of, and commitment to, sourcing strategies and business goals.
- Manage and maintain relevant databases such as a supplier register and a contract database held locally and in web based repositories.
- Establish procedures for the effective and efficient management of all departmental paperwork, including requests for quotations, tenders, and liaison with Finance regarding the raising of purchase orders in accordance with Finance systems and procedures.
- Research market situations, individual suppliers, latest technologies, trends, developments and changes in supply markets.
What do we need from you?
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Has knowledge of sources of market information and basics of financial appraisal
- Able to implement metrics to measure the performance of processes
- Working experience of supplier selection process
What would we ideally like from you?
- Experience working in a Procurement, outsourcing or associated role
- Knowledge of outsourcing regulation in the financial services industry
- Experience of carrying out supplier and other third-party due diligence
- Third party and supplier management
What you’ll get from us?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at