Outsourcing and Third Party Management Lead
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Atom Bank relies upon the use of third parties to deliver some of its key systems and other capabilities. This does not mean, however, that it absolves itself from any of the responsibilities for the management of these activities or from ensuring a high quality of service is provided to its customers and other stakeholders. In engaging with suppliers, Atom is potentially putting its reputation and its brand in the hands of another company. It is critical that our suppliers understand this responsibility, but also that Atom works with our suppliers in order to protect our customers, our other stakeholders, and its good name.
The Outsourcing and Third-Party Management Lead, is responsible for managing the hands-on end to end supplier sourcing and management process, engaging with senior-level stakeholders, and building strong, collaborative relationships across multiple business units.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Assist the General Counsel in the leadership and effective management of staff and resources in the Outsourcing and Third Party Management function.
- Review and maintain Atom’s outsourcing and procurement, and third party management policies, working with the operational risk and other interested teams.
- Perform, lead, and manage evaluations of regulations that have outsourcing impact.
- Manage and run Request For Proposal (RFP) and Request For Information (RFI) sourcing and onboarding processes.
- Ensure all requisite governance is in place with new and existing suppliers.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure effective partnerships achieving maximum value from suppliers and resolve key contractual and service assurance for those suppliers.
- Proactively manage SLA’s to ensure best of class services are delivered to customers and end users.
- Act as an escalation point for the delivery of contracted obligation. Take responsibility for ensuring effective and timely communication back to senior stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure a consistent approach to supplier management and develop effective partnership with supplier contacts to identify and implement additional value.
- Make recommendations with respect to bonuses / penalties to be applied and improvement initiatives to be funded.
- Ensure consistent reporting of KPI’s for Regulatory and Compliance purposes
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in end-to-end outsourcing and supplier management experience with experience in financial services software, hardware, cloud and IT services.
- Good knowledge of outsourcing regulation in the financial services industry.
- Working experience of supplier selection processes.
- Strong third party and stakeholder management experience and able to effectively engage with senior stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Experience in contract and license management.
- Good team management skills.
What would we ideally like from you?
- ITIL Certified
- Working knowledge of databases networking & infrastructure
- Technical support of a Core Banking application/environment
- Working knowledge of supporting cloud based/hosted applications
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at