The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
The Corporate Services team supports the business across Vendor Management and Procurement, Facilities and Legal as well as fulfilling all Company Secretarial responsibilities. The team work closely together to provide an outstanding and uninterrupted service to suppliers, shareholders, executives and employees within Atom.
The Vendor Manager ensures the bank is compliant with regulatory requirements in relation to its outsourcing and third-party relationships and supports the supplier relationship managers (SRM’s) to ensure performance and governance reviews are held and reported in line with regulatory requirements and company policy.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As a Vendor Manager at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include;
- Third Party Risk management including; working with Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure supplier governance is embedded and risks are mitigated appropriately.
- Taking ownership of generating and improving supplier KPIs and dashboards across the vendor landscape and presenting these at appropriate executive committees.
- Develop, and evolve the Supplier Governance Framework for Atom, ensuring it remains fit for purpose by keeping up to date with industry and regulatory changes.
- Provide support to the Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure best practice is met and a consistent approach to Supplier Management is delivered across the bank.
- Develop and evolve the online Supplier Relationship Management training programme, delivering coaching and one to one support where appropriate.
- Attend and support monthly performance reviews for all Material suppliers.
- Act as an escalation point for the delivery of contracted obligations. Take responsibility for ensuring effective and timely communication back to key stakeholders and tracking of supplier actions.
- Support key stakeholders to ensure risks are managed in relation to both new and existing suppliers and ensure all governance is in place.
- Investigate new and innovative industry solutions to maintain best practice, deliver cost savings and ensure continual regulatory compliance.
- Supplier Governance and Reporting
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in Vendor Management/Procurement teams within the Financial Services Industry
- Working experience of regulatory requirements within the financial services industry
- Excellent analytical Skills
- Strong Stakeholder management experience
- Experience of managing 3rd parties
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a Vendor Management role
- Experience in a Vendor Management role
What would we ideally like from you?
- Working experience of Supplier Selection Process
- Working knowledge of databases networking & infrastructure
- Working knowledge of supporting cloud based/hosted applications
- Competencies in contract and license management.
What you’ll get from us?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at