We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Want to join us?
Atom is the UK’s first bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance. We’re taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
The Vendor Manager will ensure the bank is compliant with regulatory requirements in relation to its outsourcing and third-party relationships. Supporting the supplier relationship managers (SRM’s) to ensure performance and governance reviews are held and reported in line with regulatory requirements and company policy. The role holder will also ensure we have best in class product, service and pricing.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
Supplier Governance and Reporting
- Develop, own and evolve the Supplier Segmentation Model and Supplier Governance Framework for Atom, ensuring it remains fit for purpose by keeping up to date with industry and regulatory changes.
- Take ownership of generating and improving supplier KPIs and dashboards across the vendor landscape and presenting these at appropriate executive committees
- Work with all Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure the Supplier Governance Framework is embedded for all suppliers.
- Provide support to the Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure best practice is met and a consistent approach to Supplier Management is delivered across the bank.
- Develop and evolve the Online Supplier Relationship Management training programme, delivering coaching and one to one support where appropriate.
- Attend and support monthly performance reviews for all Critical and Important suppliers.
- Act as an escalation point for the delivery of contracted obligations. Take responsibility for ensuring effective and timely communication back to key stakeholders and tracking of supplier actions.
- Support key stakeholders to ensure efficient onboarding of new suppliers and ensure all governance is in place.
- Investigate new and innovative industry solutions to maintain best practice, deliver cost savings and ensure continual regulatory compliance
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in Vendor Management/Procurement teams within the Financial Services Industry.
- Working experience of regulatory requirements within the financial services industry.
- Excellent analytical Skills.
- Strong Stakeholder management experience.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification
- Experience of Technology Contract/Vendor Management
What would we ideally like from you?
- Working experience of Supplier Selection Process.
- Working knowledge of databases networking & infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of supporting cloud based/hosted applications.
- Competencies in contract and license management.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at