Interim Digital Marketing Executive
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Atom is a provocative, ambitious, and driven Fintech that’s embarking on a chapter of major growth and is looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join the marketing team, to be a key part of this exciting and fast-paced journey.
The Customer department is made up of Marketing, Insight & intelligence, Propositions & Design. It’s the team that ensures all our decisions are driven by our customers and insight. The role of the department is to shape the products we create with data and insight, build the most customer-centric experience there is, and create the Atom brand by promoting our key messages with attitude, confidence, and intelligence.
We are looking for an Interim Digital Marketing Executive (DME) for 3 months who will support Atom’s broader marketing team in managing the optimisation and delivery of updates to their websites, be a vital part of the Performance Marketing capability, and will use world-class marketing optimisation technologies to recommend improvements to customer journeys.
With constant curiosity, strong analytical skills and a proactive approach to optimisation, the Digital Marketing Executive will be a dynamic individual responsible for supporting the future growth of Atom.
The DME works into the Growth and Optimisation Lead (GOL) to help align performance marketing activities with commercial and business targets, also working closely with the Digital Experience Team to ensure overall optimisation of the full customer journey.
It is key that this role works closely with the wider marketing team and provides vital support to the GOL to offer insight, provocation, and data into discussions around marketing output.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
As an Interim Digital Marketing Executive at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include:
- Building and delivery of business email campaigns
- Reporting on email performance and implementing improvements and test and learn activity
- Planning and overseeing website maintenance and updates
- Backlog prioritisation and release management
- Taking a key role in the Performance Marketing capability, recommending changes to and optimising marketing funnels and driving web traffic efficiently
- Monthly reporting on web and content performance.
What do we need from you?
- Experience managing websites and understanding of supporting tech stacks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with a natural curiosity
- Proactive approach to constant analysis and optimisation
- Good working knowledge of major analytics programs including Google Analytics
- Good working knowledge of technical SEO, running PPC campaigns and working with Google Search Console
- Rigorous stakeholder management
- Working quickly but accurately
- Experience working with external agencies
- Eager to learn.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Degree in marketing and/or CIM qualification would be an advantage, but not essential
- Project management.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible and hybrid working
- 4 day working week
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications and career pathways
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at