Atom bank relies upon the use of third parties to deliver some of its key systems and other capabilities. The Procurement and Vendor Management Lead is responsible for the management of all procurement and vendor management activities ensuring a high quality of service is provided to its customers and other stakeholders. The PVML ensures that Atom’s reputation is safe in the hands of third parties and suppliers that provide and manage services on Atom’s behalf ensuring that suppliers understand their responsibility, but also that Atom works with our suppliers in order to protect our customers, our other stakeholders, and its good name.
As the Procurement and Vendor Management Lead, you will be responsible for the Procurement and Vendor Management team in managing the hands-on end to end supplier sourcing and management process, engaging with both Internal and External senior-level stakeholders and building strong, collaborative relationships across multiple business units. You will also be responsible for ensuring that ongoing service governance and ensuring management of any Service Improvements activities.
- Ensure the end to end procurement and vendor management process is managed fully, ensuring a high-quality and well-governed service to all stakeholders
- Review and maintain Atom’s outsourcing, procurement and vendor management policies, working with the operational risk and other interested teams
- Manage and run Request For Proposal (RFP) and Request For Information (RFI) sourcing and onboarding processes
- Lead the relevant Vendor and Procurement committees that oversee the VPM process ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and managed
- Ensure correct supplier governance with new and existing vendors
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure effective partnerships achieving maximum value from vendors and resolve key contractual and service assurance for those vendors
- Ensure robust SLA’s to ensure best of class services are delivered to customers and end-users
- Act as an escalation point for the delivery of contracted obligations for the group of vendors
- Responsibility for ensuring effective and timely communication back to senior stakeholders
- Provide oversight in a matrix structure to support Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure a consistent approach to Supplier Management
- Develop an effective partnership with vendor contacts to identify and implement additional value
- Make recommendations with respect to bonuses/penalties to be applied and improvement initiatives to be funded
- Define and implement a standard vendor operating model to ensure consistent reporting of KPI’s for Regulatory and Compliance purposes
- Manage the Vendor and Procurement team carrying out all Line Coach responsibilities in the management and development of the team
- Assist the General Counsel in the leadership and effective management of staff and resources in the Procurement and Vendor Management function
- Implement Service Improvement Plans where required and ensure suppliers progress satisfactorily
Key performance indicators
- SLA Adherence
- Budget Variance
- Stakeholder Satisfaction
- Significant demonstrable experience in end to end procurement and vendor management, ideally with experience in financial services software, hardware, cloud, and IT services
- Working experience of supplier selection processes
- Strong third party and stakeholder management experience and ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience in contract and license management
- Good team management skills
- ITIL Certified
- Working knowledge of databases networking & infrastructure
- Technical support of a Core Banking application/environment
- Working knowledge of supporting cloud-based/hosted applications
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at