Atom has recently been awarded £10m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in small business banking. With this grant, Atom will deliver a highly engaging, tailored, data-driven financial toolkit for small businesses alongside a suite of Smart Lending products underpinned by Atom’s unique smart contract technology and machine learning capabilities. A Propositions Analyst is required to join our cross-functional team to help bring this exciting proposition to market.
The Propositions Analyst is responsible for supporting the Proposition Managers in the design, development and day-to-day management of the Atom proposition for both consumer and business banking customers. The role covers existing Atom business banking products as well as any new products that are launched in the future.
The Propositions Analyst will be responsible for supporting delivery of all aspects of the proposition – product design, pricing, customer journey / core processes, regulatory / compliance adherence, TCF and risk management. The culture of the business dictates that the approach to product management is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness and value. The role holder will need to ensure customer insight and feedback informs their decisions, alongside wider market dynamics and a core objective to be differentiated / ahead of the market. The role holder will work closely with a variety of stakeholders to support delivery of the business strategies and plans.
- Assist the Propositions team in assessing performance management and customer and commercial impacts across Atom’s consumer and business banking product suites
- Complete performance analysis to support product definition, development and enhancements
- Provide product-level customer journey and process analysis
- Monitor the external market, including competitor behaviour and performance
- Comply with all relevant regulation including Conduct Risk requirements
- Assist in the production of mandatory customer communications, including T&Cs
- Analyse and help to resolve the root causes of customer feedback and complaints
- Proactively manage risk alongside relevant stakeholders
- Assist with Product & Service Control Committee reporting and recommendations
Key performance indicators
- New-to-bank customers
- Product usage / competitor switching performance (primary banking relationships)
- Customer value
- Customer satisfaction / engagement
- Customer retention / attrition
- Product / proposition related complaints and online customer and / or critic reviews
- Product revenue and balance sheet growth
- Brand differentiation
- Audit reports and findings
- Not-Taken-Ups and customer journey click- stream analysis
- Analytical mind and ability to simplify and explain complex concepts
- Ability to manage a number of tasks concurrently and produce high quality work at speed in a changing environment
- Demonstrable customer research / insight experience
- Ability to learn and digest large quantities of information quickly
- Highly numerate and articulate
- Commercially astute and customer oriented
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Up to date knowledge of external market / FS market trends.
- 3 – 5 years experience in proposition or product analysis within retail banking
- Up-to-date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB, ICOB and CONC)
- Experience of pricing and risk strategy across a range of financial products
- Proposition design using customer insight led techniques
- Experience working on business banking product/ propositions or experience of the business FS sector.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at