We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Want to join us?
Atom is the UK’s first bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
The Marketing team work right across the business to ensure the Atom brand and our messages are always developing and being used in the right way. The team also bring insight and metrics from Atom’s channels and campaigns to aid decision making. They work to generate awareness of Atom products and services and ultimately turn people into Atom customers and advocates.
The Brand & Communications Manager (BCM) is the driving force behind the Atom brand. Whilst one of their primary roles is ensuring consistency across all external touchpoints, they play a key role in the development and evolution of the brand, ensuring Atom’s distinction in opinion, attitude and execution is known by all. This guardianship encompasses all owned brand channels (website, social, customer documentation etc.) as well as with Atom’s external advertising campaigns. A vital part of the BCMs remit is helping to ensure commercial accountability of Atom’s marketing activities. Specifically, they must ensure that the Performance Marketing machine is running efficiently, effectively with clearly defined objectives, deliverables and evaluation. The BCM is as important internally as they are externally. They are the key contact for the day to day running of marketing and as such, will ensure that the role of marketing is understood by all key areas of the business, supported by key briefs and documentation. They also ensure, aligned to the external brand consistency, that all internal branding is up to date and consistent. Finally, the BCM should be a provocateur for the marketing team and work alongside the Head of Marketing in reviewing, amending and evolving the key strategic marketing document to ensure they are fit for purpose. Sitting within the Customer Solutions department, you will be accountable to the Chief Customer Officer, and collaborate with the Design Experience, Propositions and Analytics teams.
The Marketing team is a small but ambitious. You’ll be working alongside our PR, Content, Marketing and Digital Marketing Executives as well as the Head of Marketing and PR.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Responsible for the Marketing Team in the absence of the Head of Marketing.
- Ensures consistency of the Atom brand, across all key internal and external touchpoints.
- Ensures all key strategic and guideline documents are current and implemented appropriately.
- Contributes to brand effectiveness by identifying short and long-term issues that must be addressed.
- Delivers advertising and marketing activities to build awareness and consideration of the Atom brand.
- Monitor marketing effectiveness and ensure visibility of results.
- Deploy optimisation and test & learn strategies to constantly improve marketing performance.
- Is the representative for marketing across the wider business, ensuring full alignment of all marketing activity and strong internal communication.
- Management and coaching of the B2B Marketing Executive and Digital Marketing Executive.
- Manages third party agency relationships and briefs on behalf of Atom.
- Responsible for delivering our performance marketing targets and marketing strategies.
- Works alongside marketing colleagues to optimise paid, owned & earned activity.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in brand and response marketing and advertising
- Proven experience in digital marketing techniques (PPC, SEO, relationship management with Affiliates and Aggregators)
- Experience in delivering effective ATL and BTL integrated marketing campaigns
- Commercial focus with the drive to optimise and improve results
- Strong track record of collaborating both within and outside the business
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in managing reputational risk and in working closely with risk and compliance
- Customer orientation and care an absolute must
What would we ideally like from you?
- B2B and B2C financial services marketing experience desirable
- Understanding of web build and development projects
- Understanding of app technologies and development
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at