We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Want to join us?
The Marketing team work right across the business to ensure the Atom brand and our messages are always developing and being used in the right way. The team also bring insight and metrics from Atom’s channels and campaigns to aid decision making. They work to generate awareness of Atom products and services and ultimately turn people into Atom customers and advocates.
The Content and Copy Manager (CCM) oversees, and takes the lead, on copywriting and content production for the marketing team. A major part of the role is with the development and delivery of the content strategy, the creation of Atom’s content, along with concept creation with the in-house design team. This role is ever-present around the business, not only ensuring Atom is supported by the relevant content but to engage, inform and excite those who are, and want to become, a part of Atom.
With regard to copy, the Content and Copy Manager will manage the process from the brief stage through to approval, ensuring that all copy is aligned to Atom’s tone of voice (as outlined in the Brand Guidelines) and is fully compliant. This includes everything from app flows, to customer and shareholder comms, and everything in between.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Planning, delivering and overseeing content and copy across all ‘owned’ assets – including the websites, app, along with all customer communication points
- Relentlessly seeking opportunities for content to be created and delivered, keeping on top of the latest trends and ensuring that Atom is pushing boundaries
- Seeing the opportunity within any challenge, and guiding members of the team to deliver the right content, in the right format, to the right people
- Working to a data and insights-driven approach to content creation, utilising the martech resources within the team, along with agency partners, to create appropriate and optimised content
- Overseeing creative concept generation and execution across all Atom channels and inputting creative into external events
- Being the custodian of Atom’s Tone of Voice, evolving the guidelines where needed, and ensuring that its guidance is being followed
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Proven experience in content creation and delivery.
- An adaptable writing style, and the ability to monitor the effectiveness of copy and improve as appropriate.
- Experience in working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder management experience and proven experience managing cross-department teams.
- Resilience to accepting critiques of work.
- Strong project management skills
What would we ideally like from you?
- Previous experience in finance and/or tech industry’s
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at