Mortgage Pricing Manager
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Customer Solutions develops the end of end customer experience through using insight and intelligence to drive the design and development of propositions and products that are delivered digitally. Atom’s approach is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness and value. Customer Solutions ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective of Atom’s products being differentiated and ahead of the market.
The Mortgage Pricing Manager is responsible for managing the pricing strategies, securing approval for changes to price and executing the price change process for new & existing customers within both the Broker and Direct channels. The Pricing Manager will:
- Review the performance of price changes to assess the actual value generated and use the findings to optimise ongoing pricing analysis
- Own the day-to-day relationships with Sourcing systems and identify, prioritise and deliver changes to improve the speed-to-market of pricing changes.
- At times, have delegated pricing authority to allow them to make changes to pricing on offer without the requirement for Price Ctte approval
- Develop and maintain market trend and competitor analysis
The Pricing Manager will also undertake detailed reviews of the mortgage market and how this influences pricing & returns and make recommendations for optimising our approach & pricing model. They will also be responsible for co-ordinating activity within Propositions, Insight & Intelligence, Finance and Treasury to deliver the recommended changes.
Reporting to the Senior Mortgage Propositions Manager, the Pricing Manager will be part of the Propositions team who define, design, build and then trade the Mortgage Proposition. The Pricing Manager will work closely with the Mortgage Trade Manager to ensure a clear strategy for delivering the P&L targets and take the tactical decisions required to manage the day-to-day delivery.
In relation to the certification regime, the role holder must:
- Assist the firm with our requirement to ensure that they remain fit and proper to perform the role;
- Pay due regard to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Help the bank to ensure the ongoing provision of fair customer outcomes.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As a Mortgage Pricing Manager at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include;
- Monitor external markets, to ensure the mortgage product range & its pricing is relevant to market conditions & customer need.
- Manage performance of the mortgage product range including management of pricing and of financial performance in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the mortgage pricing strategy is fit for purpose and supports acquisition and retention targets.
- Guide and inform the proposition design and product development roadmap for strategic initiatives and the enhancement of mortgage products via small change.
- Manage and optimise the mortgage pricing model and supporting processes.
- Work with the Insight & Intelligence team to provide input and insight into mortgage pricing models.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the business strategies and plans.
- Complete root cause analysis and resolution on issues relating to the product range.
- Ensure insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective to create commercial value for Atom.
- Proactively identify and manage the risks involved in building and running the bank, including propositional regulatory, Compliance and Conduct Risk adherence.
- Make recommendations and provide relevant reporting to internal governance committees including ExCo, P&SCC, PriceCo and ALCo.
- Ensure high performance within the wider team in assisting others with their duties when required or providing cover when required.
- Participate in and contribute to working groups and project delivery forums.
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders internally, including the Finance, Risk and Operations functions and externally with Sourcing system providers and aggregators to ensure effective pricing changes
Leadership and Coaching
- Support the standards required for a high performing culture and team.
- Demonstrate team management and development ensuring the team are an engaged and high performing work unit using objective setting and personal development planning.
- Provide technical support and advice to the team providing oversight to their work and development.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of managing pricing and risk strategies for mortgage products
- Highly numerate / attention to detail
- Relevant experience in mortgage product management within retail banking
- Commercially astute and customer oriented.
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Up-to-date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB)
- Up-to-date external market knowledge / FS market trends
- Previous experience in pricing of lending products in Retail banking
- Numerate individual and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the drivers of income for lending
What would we ideally like from you?
- Mortgage market experience
- Product design and development using customer research / insight led techniques
- Working understanding of the evolving Atom proposition
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at