PR and Content Manager
We’re Atom We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance. We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
The PR and Content Manager role is a key part of the Marketing team, who sit within the Customer Solutions Department. The role of that department is to shape the products we create with data and insight, build the most customer-centric experience there is, and create the Atom brand by promoting our key messages with attitude, confidence and intelligence.
It’s the role of the Marketing Team to create customers, and advocates, for Atom, as well as providing key insight and data to the wider business.
The PR & Content Manager ensures that the profile of Atom bank is strategically, creatively, and proactively managed and protected.
As the ‘voice of Atom’, and a key point of contact for all media enquiries, the role holder strategically governs Atom’s reputation by ensuring its key messages, view and opinions gain cut-through and are sustained. With a clear understanding of Atom’s business strategy and brand positioning, and a proactive drive, the PR and Content Manager ensures Atom’s key messages are heard, understood and are clear and consistent.
The PR & Content Manager is responsible for the development and management of relationships with journalists and Atom’s PR agencies and agreeing/writing press releases. The role holder proactively identifies opportunities for regular, positive media coverage by mining insight and stories and targeting the approach outlets and also play a pivotal role in our reaction, and response, to a crisis.
This role is ever-present around the business, not only ensuring Atom’s agenda is supported by the relevant content but to engage, inform and excite those who are, and want to become, a part of Atom. The PR & Content Manager spots opportunities for content aligned to our strategy and oversee the development of this content and it’s roll out, with the support of the Content & Copy Executive and design teams.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Responsible for the development and delivery of Atom’s PR strategy
- Build strong relationships with the media
- Identify proactive opportunities for positive media coverage
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Manage the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Regularly analyse and monitor media coverage, identify key trends and create appropriate reports
- Brief key spokespeople on communicating with the media
- Be the point of contact for all media enquiries
- Manage the delivery of communications to our investor community
- Oversees the development and delivery of content aligned to our brand and content strategy
Leadership and Coaching
- Sets and supports the standards required for a high performing culture and team
- Team management and development ensuring the team are engaged and high performing work unit through the use of objective setting and personal development planning
- Provide technical support and advice to the team providing oversight to their work and development.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Strong PR background
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written – ability to write compelling press releases, briefing docs etc.
- Confidence in engaging stakeholder audiences at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to build and maintain external relationships
- Collaborative approach to engaging colleagues
- Ability to work as part of a demanding, business and to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Planning and overseeing content output.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Degree in Marketing, PR or related subject or equivalent qualification
What would we ideally like from you?
- A track record of developing and delivering communication strategies
- Good working knowledge of SEO PR and best practice
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at