The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Customer Solutions design develop the end of end customer experience through using insight and intelligence to drive the design and development of propositions and products that are delivered digitally. Atom’s approach is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness and value. Customer Solutions ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective of Atom’s products being differentiated and ahead of the market.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and PR, the PR Manager will ensure that the profile of Atom bank is strategically, creatively, and proactively managed and protected.
As the ‘voice of Atom’, and a key point of contact for all media enquiries, they strategically govern Atom’s reputation by ensuring its key messages, view and opinions gain cut-through and are sustained. With a clear understanding of Atom’s business strategy and brand positioning, and a proactive drive, they ensure Atom’s key messages are heard, understood and are clear and consistent.
Day-to-day, they are responsible for the development and management of relationships with journalists, and Atom’s PR agencies and agreeing/writing press releases. They will proactively identify opportunities for regular, positive media coverage by mining insight and stories and targeting the appropriate outlets, work alongside key executives within the business to build their profiles within the press, and play a pivotal role in our reaction, and response, to a crisis.
This role is ever-present around the business, not only ensuring Atom’s agenda is supported by the relevant content but to engage, inform and excite those who are, and want to become, a part of Atom.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As the PR Manager at Atom, your responsibilities will include;
- Development and delivery of Atom’s PR strategy
- Building strong relationships with the media
- Proactively identifying opportunities for positive media coverage
- Building the profile of key executives within the press
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Regularly analysing and monitoring media coverage, identifying key trends and create appropriate reports
- Briefing key spokespeople on communicating with the media
- Being the point of contact for all media enquiries
- Managing the delivery of communications to our investor community
What do we need from you?
- Strong PR background
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written – ability to write compelling press releases, briefing docs etc.
- Confidence in engaging stakeholder audiences at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to build and maintain external relationships, e.g. with agency team and journalists
- Collaborative approach to engaging colleagues
- Ability to work as part of a demanding, business and to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Planning and overseeing content output.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
What would we ideally like from you?
- Degree in Marketing, PR or related subject
- A track record of developing and delivering communication strategies
- Good working knowledge of SEO PR and best practice
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at