Senior Propositions Manager - Business Unsecured Lending
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Customer Solutions develops the end-to-end customer experience through using insight and intelligence to drive the design and development of propositions and products that are delivered digitally. Atom’s approach is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness and value. Customer Solutions ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective of Atom’s products being differentiated and ahead of the market. The Senior Propositions Manager is responsible for guiding and prioritising the SME unsecured proposition and product design, assessing external changes and market opportunities in meeting customer needs. The role holder manages pricing, trade performance, propositional regulatory/compliance adherence and risk management of propositions.
In relation to the certification regime, the role holder must:
- Assist the firm with our requirement to ensure that they remain fit and proper to perform the role;
- Pay due regard to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Help the bank to ensure the ongoing provision of fair customer outcomes.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Monitor external markets, to ensure the SME unsecured product range is relevant to market conditions & customer need.
- Manage performance of the SME unsecured product range including management of pricing and financial performance in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the SME unsecured product range is fit for purpose, to support acquisition and retention strategies.
- Guide and inform the proposition design and product development roadmap for strategic initiatives and the enhancement of SME unsecured products via small change.
- Manage and optimise SME unsecured product level customer journeys and supporting processes.
- Work with the Insight & Intelligence team to provide input and insight into SME unsecured pricing models.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the business strategies and plans.
- Maintain and manage T&Cs and product mandatory comms.
- Complete root cause analysis and resolution on customer/ broker feedback relating to the product range.
- Ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective to create propositions that are differentiated or ahead of the market.
- Proactively identify and manage the risks involved in building and running the bank, including propositional regulatory, Compliance and Conduct Risk adherence.
- Ensure continued high performance within the wider team in assisting others with their duties when required or providing cover when required
- Participate in and contribute to working groups and project delivery forums.
- Make recommendations and provide relevant reporting to internal governance committees including ExCo, P&SCC, PriceCo and ALCo.
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including the Finance, Risk and Operations functions.
Leadership and Coaching
- Set and support the standards required for a high performing culture and team.
- Demonstrate team management and development ensuring the team are an engaged and high performing work unit through the use of objective setting and personal development planning.
- Provide technical support and advice to the team providing oversight to their work and development.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Substantial relevant experience in SME unsecured product management within retail banking
- Up-to-date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB)
- Experience of managing pricing and risk strategies for SME unsecured products
- Highly numerate / attention to detail
- Commercially astute and customer oriented.
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Up-to-date external market knowledge / FS market trends
- Working understanding of the evolving Atom proposition.
- Unsecured lending to either consumers or SMEs.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Product design and development using customer research / insight led techniques
- Understanding and experience of Jobs to be Done (JTBD)
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – (up to 10% of basic salary) - Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at