Senior iOS Engineer
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East and throughout the UK.
Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
The Engineering team consists of Web Development, Automation, Integration, iOS, Android, Middleware, Micro Services & Data Management. The team collaborate, support and work closely with other areas within the business including DevOps, Architecture & Insight and Intelligence.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, we are looking for you to provide technical steer for team design activities and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards.
Supporting the Lead iOS Engineer & Front End Engineering Lead with release preparation and management for Mobile Banking Application change and release whilst also working closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing, is also a key responsibility within this position.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- You will contribute to daily stand-ups with the Mobile Application Development team and escalate any blockers to the Lead Developer or Head of Development
- You will contribute to technical design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- You will be responsible for developing the Atom’s Mobile Banking Application using appropriate SW languages and tools
- You will design and develop data models/structures, API integrations, loosely coupled code and the fundamental application framework using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will ensure that the attack vectors are minimised and security issues are mitigated using a combination of secure development practice and additional Mobile Application security tooling
- You will ensure that all developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing, secure development)
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the Middleware Dev and Test teams or any required integration provider
- You will work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing.
What do we need from you?
- Experience in a development capacity encompassing contribution to solution design, and technical documentation production
- Demonstrable experience of coaching & mentoring Junior Developers
- Development experience in an Agile development environment with CICD, of which will have encompassed significant experience with the Swift language development
- You will be fully conversant with the iOS OS and Device ecosystem
- Conversant with SOLID and OOP principles and Software Design Patterns, BDD and TDD as approaches
- Experience of UX Development including responsive designs and accessibility, RESTful API integration, securing applications and secure messaging using a variety of methods including but not limited to credentials, certificates, tokens, pinning
- Experience of working closely with third parties and external systems providers
- Clear communicator both written and verbally.
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- App Store Provisioning, release provisioning
- JIRA / Confluence experience
- Experience of working closely with User Experience and Customer Experience teams - Improvisation and thinking outside the box to solve complex technical challenges
- Working in a complex multi-vendor solution environment
- Financial Services or regulated industry experience
- Experience of functioning in the capacity of 3rd line support
- Experience of DevOps environments
- Experience of Android Development.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at