The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
Our teams are multi-disciplined, well-structured, and set up to work in Agile Scrum or Kanban. We encourage collaboration and creative thinking when building products and services. So, if this appeals to you, consider joining us to deliver innovative solutions.
Want to join us?
The Advanced Engineering team are gurus, that span all technical domains across the stack. They not only create the up-front specifications/prototypes but are consulted by the wider team during productionisation.
As a Technical Writer here at Atom you will capture, organise, and maintain knowledge about our rapidly changing software systems. You will be writing for and communicating with our technology team. Additionally you’ll work closely with Atom Architects to translate high-level solution designs into detailed technical designs and user stories that engineers can use to build highly available, resilient and secure infrastructure and applications.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Work with engineers and business SMEs to learn about our software systems: what they do, how they are used, and how they work
- Create technical documentation for those systems which can be read by engineers, and help disseminate it
- Create technical documentation designed for a variety of scenarios, from high level overviews of individual systems to troubleshooting guides for engineers supporting live services
- Act as the key liaison between the Architecture and DevOps, to translate solution design into technical design and user stories to enable engineers to build infrastructure-as-code
- Maintain the alignment of the Agile development cycle with the wider business goals & strategy
- Develop technical requirements into user stories that reflect a complete understanding of processes and feature requirements demonstrations
- Full participation in planning, stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and product meetings.
What do we need from you?
- Knowledge of DevOps, cloud computing and software engineering
- Experience of requirement gathering from site reliability engineers, architects and business SMEs, as appropriate
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation for infrastructure-as-code products for a technical audience
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and talk confidently with software engineers
- Be able to communicate a big picture view of a complex infrastructure landscape
- Significant experience of working in an Agile environment
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Proficient with Confluence/Jira
- Strong understanding of Scrum/Kanban and scaled agile methodologies
- Self-confidence to challenge thinking and decisions
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in parallel
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible and remote working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at