Join the Atom family as part of our Finance team. Atom is growing quickly and we are looking to expand our Financial Control team by appointing a qualified accountant to lead and oversee our financial control processes. This is broad role which will cover standard company close processes (i.e. purchase ledger, assets register) to accounting for our banking operations (i.e. mortgages and business lending) as well as supporting our monthly and annual reporting requirements.
It is ideal for an accountant who is looking to expand and develop in a growing and fast moving organisation. We will provide strong on the job training with support from experienced senior accountants and leaders.
- Lead the monthly financial close process with oversight of all key elements
- Own the general ledger and sub ledgers.
- Lead and support on technical accounting judgements and processes including hedge accounting, credit provisioning, effective interest rate adjustments and
- Support for producing monthly management accounts and MI for the Executive Committee and the Board.
- Lead / Assist with the production of the company’s statutory accounts
- Assist with the annual and monthly budget process.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models in Microsoft Excel to support key financial close processes.
- Carry out ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Coach and develop trainee accountants in the team.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Monthly management accounts and MI completed within deadlines agreed with the Executive Committee and the Board
- Quality of technical accounting analysis and judgements
- Other analysis produced to a high standard and within the reasonable timescales agreed with manager
- Relationships with key stakeholders in Finance and across the broader organisation
- Timely and accurate submission of regulatory returns
- Timely completion of reconciliations of key General Ledger balances to data sources
- Behaves in a manner consistent with Atom’s values at all times
- Qualified accountant with strong technical skills
- Graduate level education
- Strong Excel modelling skills or Google equivalent
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and team-working capabilities
- Hard-working and self-motivated
- Strong skills in other Office applications including PowerPoint and Word or Google equivalents
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Skills and experience in banking or financial services
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.