Atom Bank has grown its balance sheet to ~£3Bn of assets since launching mortgages and business lending in 2016 and has ambitious plans to grow further. To support our growth ambitions we are looking for a Capital Planning and Stress Test Manager to join our finance team. Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the role holder will be responsible for maintaining and developing the bank’s capital planning models, running plans, forecasts and scenarios and recommending courses of action to help the business achieve its goals. They will play a key part in enhancing the bank’s stress testing capabilities, working closely with our risk and analytics functions to embed stress testing and scenario analysis into everyday decision making as well as supporting the annual ICAAP and ILAAP processes. In addition, the role holder will support wider FP&A activity such as long range strategic planning, annual budgets and forecasts, business case assessments, investor relations and ad-hoc business analysis.
- Ownership and ongoing development of the bank’s capital planning models
- Developing and rolling out bank-wide wide stress testing scenario analysis and embedding stress testing into BAU decision making processes
- Partner with teams in Risk, Finance and Treasury to make recommendations relating to capital planning (amount, timing, sources) and the distribution of capital across group legal entities
- Partner with Risk, Finance, Analytics and Propositions to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to monitor business performance and capital utilisation
- Participate in complex problem solving, providing insights, and analytics to support overall capital management and business optimisation initiatives
- Support the annual ICAAP process, including modelling, analysis and recommendations to influence regulatory decisions on capital requirements and buffers
- Prepare dedicated analysis and reports for both internal and external audiences
- Communicate complex issues to Executive Team, Board and Investors clearly and effectively (written and verbal), adapting style to audience and subject matter
- General support for FP&A activities including input, as required, into strategic planning, budgets, forecasts, market & competitor analysis, business cases and other ad-hoc analysis
- Fully qualified accountant- ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong academic history
- >5 years experience in FP&A or similar environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel, modelling & data handling skills
- Retail banking experience including exposure to
- to capital requirements and stress testing
- Business partnering experience, including experience of working directly alongside Risk and Analytics / Data Science functions.
- Knowledge / experience of working in retail banks operating with A-IRB waivers
- Use of statistical modelling code such as R-Studio or similar
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.