Financial Planning Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 500 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
The Finance team sits at the heart of the bank, with sub-teams of Financial Reporting and Control, Financial Performance and Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Treasury. They play a key role in planning and managing capital and liquidity and assessing financial performance. The team will lead the way as we work towards a listing on a public capital market.
The Financial Planning & Analysis function within Finance supports the business through the provision of forward-looking plans & forecasts that guide the future direction of the business and by analysing business performance to make sure agreed plans are on track.
Reporting into the Senior Planning Manager, you’ll produce and contribute to financial plans, budgets, and forecasts for the business. This is a great opportunity for a part-qualified or newly qualified accountant who is looking to progress or step into Financial Planning & Analysis - no previous banking experience is required.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Production of financial plans, budgets, and forecasts as part of the financial planning team. Including running planning processes, performing detailed financial modelling and consolidation of business inputs
- Production of “what if” and scenario planning including stress tests
- Production of consolidated risks and opportunities reporting
- Supporting strategic financial planning
- Carrying out ad-hoc financial analysis as required by stakeholders; including for capital management, portfolio analysis, investor requests or strategic financial modelling
- Monitoring key planning assumptions
- Supporting the development of the bank’s financial planning and analysis models. Building capability in financial modelling to enable the teams to develop robust financial plans in efficient timeframe
What do we need from you?
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel modelling skills
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
- Self-motivated and hard-working
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at