Senior Treasury Back Office Analyst
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
The Treasury of a bank acts as a central hub through which its complex cash flows are managed, risks to market movements are controlled, investment decisions are made and the trajectory of the business is steered such that it meets its regulatory requirements and delivers value to investors. The Treasury is also responsible for all of the bank’s activities in the Wholesale markets and is required to be a centre for control and excellence.
The treasury back office team is responsible for all confirmation, settlement and payment activities relating to all treasury dealing activities. This includes daily cash management and trades across asset classes including securities, derivatives and repos. This role requires excellent organisation skills in order to work effectively to tight timescales whilst also ensuring the highest degree of accuracy.
This role will report into the Treasury Middle Office Manager and the role holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all treasury operations. As the treasury team and the activities undertaken by the team continue to grow, the role holder will be expected to support both the Treasury Middle Office Manager and the wider treasury team in the following areas:
- Ongoing development of treasury management system (TMS)
- Working with the wider treasury team on new transactions and trades
- Additional reporting requirements (internal and external)
- Onboarding/ KYC requests for new and existing counterparties.
The role will require excellent communication skills as a key part of the role will be building close relationships with stakeholders from both across the business and externally, working closely with business areas such as Payment Operations and Risk to ensure that all transactions are made accurately and within the necessary timescales.
Atom Treasury is an agile team which will give the successful applicant the opportunity to support with broader reporting requirements, systems development and new projects, therefore the applicant would ideally have a well-rounded Treasury skillset.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Responsibility for all day-to-day treasury back office operations.
- Ensuring all treasury payments are made accurately and on time.
- Assisting in the daily cash management process by providing cash positions to the treasury team.
- Managing the settlements of all Security transactions through our Custodian Services platform, as well as management of all Corporate Actions.
- Management and oversight of all trade confirmations, including dealer mandate checks.
- Managing the daily collateral margin process.
- Extraction and circulation of key treasury information from our Treasury Management system (TMS)
- Acting as the key contact to all external treasury counterparties and regulators back office teams
- Management of treasury bank account reconciliations
- Support the wider treasury team with Bank of England facilities operations (SMF/Term Funding facilities)
- Work closely with our Capital Markets team in relation to settlements for securitisation deals and other funding transactions.
- Preparation of journals to be posted in TMS system.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in a bank Treasury Back Office environment
- Knowledge of settlements process for all major asset classes (Derivatives, Securities etc.)
- Strong TMS knowledge.
- Well-rounded Treasury knowledge (Balance sheet management, front office dealing, etc)
- Attention to detail and the ability to work within tight timeframes.
- An excellent communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with both Atom colleagues and our contacts in the wider market.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Degree level qualification (desirable)
- External treasury reporting (EMIR/SFTR)
- Experience with SWIFT/ STP for payments
- Knowledge of payments methods (BACS, CHAPS, FPS)
- Project Management experience; specifically, TMS and systems development
- Flexibility and Agility. Must be able to multi-task and deliver at pace.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – (up to 10% of basic salary) - Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at