The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Treasury is the bank’s central hub through which its complex cash flows are managed, exposures to market movements are controlled, investment decisions are made, and the trajectory of the business is steered such that it meets its regulatory requirements and delivers value to investors. The Treasury Analyst is also responsible for all the bank’s activities in the Wholesale markets and is required to be a centre for control and excellence.
The Treasury Analyst assists in the day to day running of the bank, primarily ensuring compliance with regulatory and internal requirements for liquidity and interest rate risk, and provision of timely and accurate reporting to senior management of relevant risk exposures. In addition, the Treasury Analyst assists in the preparation of reporting for Atom’s Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) programme and third party lending partnerships. The role holder also assists in the preparation of papers for ALCO, Board, and the Executive.
This role reports to the Head of Treasury but engages regularly with senior management across the business, and Finance in particular.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
As a Treasury Analyst at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the bank’s balance sheet; including:
- External transaction execution
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Liquidity management
- Management of Atoms investment portfolio
- Interest rate risk management
- Systems maintenance and development
- Assist in the production of monthly reporting and MI for Atoms RMBS transactions
- Preparation of papers for Executive level committees including ALCO, PriceCo and Weekly Liquidity
- Build excellent relationships with internal contacts from across the business
- Develop relationships with investment banks
- Provide insight into current market dynamics, particularly effecting the interest rate environment
- Facilitate enhancements to liquidity and interest rate risk reporting.
What do we need from you?
- Degree level qualification
- Eagerness to learn
- Technical and analytical mindset
- Awareness of how financial markets operate
- Working accurately to tight timescales
- An excellent communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with colleagues
- Efficient with Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
What would we ideally like from you?
- Postgraduate qualification in a technical/numerate discipline
- Experience in a bank Treasury environment
- Knowledge of RMBS.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications and career pathways
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at