We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a key part of the Treasury team at Atom. The Treasury is the bank’s central hub through which its complex cash flows are managed, exposures to market movements are controlled, investment decisions are made and the trajectory of the business is steered such that it meets its regulatory requirements and delivers value to investors. The Treasury is also responsible for all of the bank’s activities in the Wholesale markets and is required to be a centre for control and excellence.
The Treasury Analyst will assist in the day to day running of the bank, primarily ensuring compliance with regulatory and internal requirements for liquidity and interest rate risk, and provision of timely and accurate reporting to senior management of relevant risk exposures. In addition, the role will assist in the preparation of investor reporting for Atom’s Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS) programme, and over time support the execution of capital markets transactions (e.g. RMBS issuance).
The role will suit someone who is keen to learn in a fast-paced technical environment and who has excellent communication skills, as a key part of the role will be building close relationships with stakeholders from across the bank. Proficient written communication skills will be required as the incumbent will assist in the preparation of papers for ALCO, Board and the Executive.
This role will report to the Deputy Head of Treasury but will engage regularly with senior management across Finance and Treasury in particular.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Assist in the day to day management of the bank’s balance sheet; including: - External transaction execution; - Timely and accurate reporting; - Liquidity management;
- Interest rate risk management; and
- Systems maintenance and development
- Assist in the production of monthly reporting and MI for Atoms RMBS transactions
- Preparation of papers for Executive level committees
- Build excellent relationships with internal contacts from across the business
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Eagerness to learn
- Technical and analytical mindset
- Awareness of how financial markets operate
- Working accurately to tight timescales
- An excellent communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with colleagues
- Efficient with Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent qualification
What would we ideally like from you?
- Postgraduate qualification in a technical/numerate discipline
- Experience in a bank Treasury environment
- Knowledge of RMBS
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – (up to 10% of basic salary) - Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at