The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom.
As a Data Engineer you will be creating an efficient, sustainable, and agile data analytics platform for a data driven digital bank. You will be using a range of database technologies and a combination of event driven techniques and batch processing methodologies. In addition you will be expanding and optimizing our cloud-based data & data pipelines as part of a cross functional team.
As a Data Engineer at Atom, you will support our software engineers, data architects, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Build and maintain data ETL jobs using a range of tools & techniques
- Effective use of database and streaming techniques and methodologies to create an efficient, sustainable and agile platform
- Work on cloud based architecture to deliver robust data pipelines
- Assist with the design and integrity of data solutions delivered to the business
- Take build requirements and translate them into workable code that meets business needs in a compliant, robust and timely manner
- Responsibility for maintaining robust and high-quality data throughout all design and implementation
- Adherence to data governance principles and standards at all time
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science, Reporting and Data Engineering team in maintaining consistent and accurate data.
What do we need from you?
- Experience with either relational SQL or analytics databases, including Postgres, Cassandra and BigQuery
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and deployment infrastructure such as GCP functions, Kubernetes & Terraform/Jenkins, CI/CD Git.
- Knowledge of Data Modelling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
- Awareness of how data can be used to drive operational and strategic decisions
- Understanding and delivery of Data Governance practices.
What you’ll get from us:
- Remote & Flexible working
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at