Data Governance Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom.
The Insight and Intelligence team leverage Big Data technologies to maximise the returns from our data assets, by providing MI, exploratory analysis and predictive models which shape and deliver strategies in pricing, direct marketing, product optimisation, credit risk and fraud. In turn this helps Atom Bank demonstrate that it is meeting its regulatory requirements and providing direct assistance to customers in their day-to-day banking activities.
Working with the Data Governance Manager, as Data Governance Analyst you’ll play a key role in the development of data governance capabilities and the transformation of data across the Bank.
This role leverages your data governance knowledge and strong communication and influencing skills, to enhance and embed the data governance maturity and culture across the organisation.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Serve as a facilitator to drive implementation of data governance capabilities by working closely with business areas and helping them deliver results
- Define and monitor data governance KPIs and metrics
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in issues related to governance, data quality, data management policies and procedures
- Maintenance of data policies and data standards
- Assist the Data Governance manager in ensuring roles and responsibilities related to data are understood across business teams
- Liaise with data owners, data stewards and other business stakeholders to drive adoption of data standards
- Develop expertise on the effective use of tools for data quality visualisations
- Develop processes to identify, risk assess and manage remediation of data issues
- Work with Data Architects to define and establish data design principles
- Team up with key stakeholders to facilitate reference data, master data and metadata management processes
- Help maintain Data Architecture Artefacts, such as data dictionaries, domain models, data lineage
- Be a champion for data governance and the implementation of a culture where the value of data is recognised across teams.
What do we need from you?
- Stakeholder management experience and a successful track record of building strong networks
- Knowledge of data management tooling
- Experience working in a data-focused role
- Understanding of databases and data structures
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitation skills with the ability to drive issues to closure
- Basic understanding of privacy laws and regulations.
What would we ideally like from you?
- A background in data governance, preferably within Financial Services
- Knowledge of BCBS 239 principles
- Knowledge of the UK General Data Protection (UK-GDPR) Regulation and Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Basic knowledge of the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible & hybrid working
- 4 day working week
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at