Head of EDM, BI and Governance
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based and heavily driven by Data. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly. Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom.
The Insight and Intelligence team leverage Big Data technologies to maximise the returns from our data assets, by providing MI, exploratory analysis and predictive models which shape and deliver strategies in pricing, direct marketing, product optimisation, credit risk and fraud. In turn this helps Atom Bank demonstrate that it is meeting its regulatory requirements and providing direct assistance to customers in their day-to-day banking activities.
Atom is now on a committed path to IPO readiness having achieved key commercial milestones during 2021, and this new role is central to achieving this objective. You will foster and reinforce Atom’s business-wide data culture, manage and curate the bank’s Enterprise Data Model (EDM) and ensure the quality of BI and reporting that a rapidly growing business requires.
Atom has invested heavily in a state of the art data model, and you’ll inherit a high performing team who are progressing the roll of out of our EDM to all parts of the bank’s activities. The key objectives for this new role are;
- Manage and evolve the Atom Enterprise Data Model
- Automate every report that you can
- Meet regulatory and enterprise requirements for BI
- Drive data management automation
- Curate and produce all core business intelligence and reporting for Atom
- Support the Lead Data Scientist & Modelling teams with data marts for our team of data scientists to play tunes upon
- Maintain and deliver Single Customer View (SCV) reporting
- Create a self-serve capability for analysts and business owners so that they can run their own data queries and ad hoc reports
- Ensure that the culture towards data and data governance is all that it should be in a contemporary business where nothing exists that isn’t created by or driven by data
- Make Atom the most attractive place for data scientists and data engineers to work
- You’ll be a key member of the leadership team of the bank and in particular of the Data team.
You’ll be lined into the Chief Data Officer and support a wide range of stakeholders and customers from across the ExCo (notably the CCO, CFO, CRO and CTO) and the business.
What do we need from you?
- Significant demonstrable experience in business intelligence, enterprise data modelling and data governance
- Very strong influencing and stakeholder management skills; you won’t be too shy but you will be a great team player
- Established team leadership skills; you will be someone that people want to work for and who gets and gives the best for your people
- Strong delivery ethos; you will have done something really exciting and ideally important with data
What would we ideally like you to have?
- Experience of working with a rapidly scaling business
- High energy, someone who flourishes in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Client Centricity, customer awareness
- Up to date external market knowledge/FS experience
- Up-to-Date regulatory reporting knowledge
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible & hybrid working
- 4 day working week
- Car allowance
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at