The Visual Designer role will execute consistent application and development of Atom brand’s visual design. They will develop, deliver and document Atom’s visual design standards, working under the direction of Atom’s Principal Designer. The role will be involved in a range of visual design deliveries in respect of Atom’s customer facing platforms (currently app and website) and provide an in-house design service to support the development of Atom assets across the business teams, specifically supporting the marketing team.
The Visual Design role is part of a team of cross-discipline designers and developers, responsible for the delivery of best-in-class customer experiences, ensuring the Atom experience is differentiated and highly customer centric, bringing the brand to life, resulting in positive customer feedback and market-leading recognition.
In addition to these responsibilities, the role will form part of an agile delivery team, delivering on-going iteration and optimisation of Atom’s customer facing journeys and platforms,
The role holder will be expected to keep up to date with the external competitive environment, using this knowledge to design a visual brand and customer experiences aligned to Atom’s strategy to digitise and disrupt. They will be responsible for their continued professional development, understanding best-in-class design, championing design expertise and best practice within Atom.
- On-going development and iteration of our brand design and visual identity, aligned to our overall brand identity and accountable to the Principal Designer.
- Provide an in-house design service to the business, providing guidance, design development and branded assets as needed.
- Deliver the visual identity for Atom’s customer facing platforms (currently app and website), working closely with our development teams to ensure design elements can be practically delivered.
- Create graphic elements, assets and visual treatments that adapt to, influence and complement customer journeys, creating a distinct and engaging branded experience.
- Ensure the performance and effectiveness of Atom’s visual design is monitored, taking on-board customer feedback, reviews and external commentary, embedding a culture of optimisation and iteration to improve deliveries.
- Deliver constant iteration and improvement as a core member of our agile delivery team.
- Ensure all design work is fully documented, including keeping visual design guidelines up to date, alongside an asset library that can be used across the business as appropriate.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring quality of outputs and effective workflow management, approvals and audit trails.
- Be personally accountable for on-going personal development, maintaining an external perspective on best-in-class design and consumer trends.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer NPS scores.
- Evidence of customer platform optimisation/iteration – delivery tracking through the agile team.
- Customer feedback through AppStore reviews and other feedback channels, including Reevoo and Trustpilot.
- Positive affirmation with regard to quality of work and collaboration from the business/SMEs.
- Award winning design work.
- Design qualified with relevant degree and/or design qualifications.
- Strong understanding of User Centred Design best practice and improvisation.
- Experience of working collaboratively in cross-discipline design teams with exposure to designing customer journeys and a strong appreciation of UX and developer disciplines.
- Proficient digital skillset including Adobe CS and Sketch, along with a strong understanding of intuitive interaction, user interfaces, user experience and navigation principles.
- Ability to take a broad, conceptual idea and turn it into a tangible, delightful, usable experience for our customers.
- Production of and adherence to visual style guides to create interactive and user centric products.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions.
- Embrace new technologies and ways of thinking creatively.
- Give and take constructive feedback to/from other designers and developers to continually raise standards.
- Passion and drive.
- Proactive approach to personal development and keeping up to date with design best practice.
- 1-3 years of design agency experience
- Designing for, or conceptual work for, a 3D environment.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Lean workflow.
- Experience of designing for XML structured documents.
- Working in a fast paced environment.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at