We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Want to join us?
The Collections Risk Manager will be part of the second line Risk function and will work with the Senior Credit Risk Manager to design, deliver and control Collections and Recovery policies, procedures and strategies across all of Atom Bank’s products for both personal and business customers.
The role holder will work closely with and monitor the activity of Atom’s first line Collections team who manage customers in financial difficulties or arrears to ensure that Atom’s collections and recovery targets are met and the best possible customer outcomes are achieved. In addition, the role holder will be expected to act as Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) to provide oversight for a number of key suppliers including Solicitors, Receivers, collections software providers and debt advice organisations.
In relation to the certification regime you must:
- Assist the firm with their requirement to ensure that you remain fit and proper to perform your role
- Pay due regard to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Help the bank to ensure the ongoing provision of fair customer outcomes.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Implement, improve and monitor collections credit management policies ensuring best practice and industry alignment
- Design and implement customer contact strategies to resolve pre-arrears and arrears situations using suitable repayment arrangements and forbearance solutions
- Produce regular MI on the performance of the collections policy and strategy
- Design champion:challenger tests to drive continuous improvement of collections policy and strategy
- Ensure that all agreed forbearance solutions deliver a fair customer outcome and are in line with Atom policies
- Ensure that all customer contact adheres to relevant regulation
- Oversee all operational activities in relation to predelinquency, collections, recoveries and financial difficulties
- Maintain a quality assurance process to ensure that the collections team is performing to the required standards and that any conduct risk issues in the collections team are identified and resolved
- Identify potential watch list customers by use of customer data and by liaison with underwriting, customer service and collections teams
- Identify, select and onboard third party organisations providing collections support and services
- Proactively manage third party relationships with solicitors, receivers, collections software providers, debt collection agencies etc to ensure that all agreed service standards are maintained and all costs are within agreed budgets
- Support the selection and implementation of new collections systems and software as well as the development of existing systems and in-app collections functionality
- Ensuring that vulnerable customers suffering financial difficulties are identified and managed appropriately
- Forecast arrears, forbearance and recovery volumes across all products
- Where appropriate authorise and control legal recovery action
- Control the recovery of assets and the sale of assets in possession
- Liaise with industry bodies and represent Atom at industry events
- Lead in the development of other credit related policies including default and write off
- Support Atom’s approach to IFRS9 credit provision and capital management
- Act as collections SME for projects across the wider business.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Previous experience of the design and delivery of collections and recoveries strategies in a financial service business covering a variety of consumer lending products and ideally including mortgages
- Previous experience of managing third party supplier relationships e.g. solicitors
- Strong analytical skills using SAS or similar to produce and interpret MI
- Full understanding of regulations surrounding collections action particularly TCF, forbearance, affordability assessment and the treatment of vulnerable customers
- Strong communication, relationship management and negotiation skills.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Mortgage collections experience
- Commercial collections experience
- Fraud recovery experience
- Full understanding of the use of credit bureau data
- Awareness of credit provisioning.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at