Customer Admin Agent
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
Working as part of a team to process post completion residential mortgage and business lending tasks including but not limited to, collections/arrears, further advances, transfer of completions, consent to let/lease, deeds administration equity, redemptions annual business reviews and also bereavement cases across all product types including Savings. The nature of the work will be complex and will require a level of technical knowledge of either mortgage or business banking or both. The role will involve an element of communicating to customers brokers and solicitors through all interaction channels.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As a Customer Admin Agent at Atom, your responsibilities will include;
- Completing a variety of servicing tasks, and case owning tasks to ensure that you provide a good customer experience
- Dealing with customers in arrears or in financial difficulty in line with MCOB guidance and Atom policy
- Working with our customers, whether that be customers brokers or solicitors consistently seeing their point of view and finding the best solution for everyone
- Solving problems, trouble shooting and anything that contributes to continually improving our customer experience
- Adherence to process and procedure and ensuring compliance with regulations including MCOB
- Driving, supporting and embracing change, all with an ‘up and Atom’ approach
- Being proactive, sharing knowledge, ideas and co-creating with others at Atom to ensure that the customer receives the best experience possible and identifying opportunities to automate and be more efficient
- Being the best you by always looking for areas of self-development and improvement
What do we need from you?
- Organisation skills – and great ones at that
- On the ball, quick, and able to adapt to our busy and changing environment
- A team player
- Knowledgeable – you need to have good knowledge of mortgage administration and be able to share that expertise/knowledge with your teammates
- Motivated – to resolve tasks and issues and anything else we throw at you
- Ethical and have high standards – need we say anything else
- A problem solver we need to know you can figure things out Attention to detail and able to follow and adhere to process and procedures
- Deadline driven – nobody likes a late response
- Enthusiastic – can do, will do approach
- A great communicator both in speaking or writing to our customers, and your colleagues
What would we ideally like from you?
- Experience of Residential mortgage servicing
- Experience of Business banking servicing
- Experience of Completion and Redemption processes
- Experience of providing customer service in either and administration or contact centre environment
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary - £21,500+ (dependent on expeirence)
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at