Customer Outcomes & Quality Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, it’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of: Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
The Operational Effectiveness team is an eclectic mix of activities, including quality assurance, resource planning, process improvement, procedural governance, knowledge management and operational systems configuration. In a nutshell, the team exists to support the operational areas in providing the service Atom expects, in the most efficient way possible.
As part of the Operational Effectiveness team, the Customer Outcomes & Quality Analyst provides quality assurance for Atom’s operational areas. The role ensures staff are adhering to internal processes, policies, and procedures, and meeting regulatory obligations across all products.
The Customer Outcomes & Quality Analyst will also ensure that Operations are responding to customer needs, delivering high quality in line with Atom’s culture and values and meeting Risk and Regulatory requirements. The role provides support to operational effectiveness and will display good analytical and monitoring skills to ensure the operational processes deliver conduct and regulatory compliance, with a focus on attention to detail and accountability.
As the bank grows and develops its proposition, this role helps to develop our processes and QA activities to ensure they remain fit for purpose and keep us aligned to the overall business plan. The role works closely with internal teams, to ensure quality and compliance throughout the new business processes.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
As a Customer Outcomes Quality Analyst at Atom bank your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the continual refinement of the QA framework with support from other QA Analysts and Risk, Compliance, Audit and Operations teams
- Contribute to the operational procedures and processes to support delivery of the QA framework
- Complete Monitoring and quality assurance checks for operational Team Managers, providing feedback and coaching as required
- Deliver against the QA framework, reporting areas of non-adherence and putting strategies in place working with the Customer Outcomes & Quality Manager and operational stakeholders to improve adherence
- Complete periodic thematic reviews to identify and take appropriate action to prevent further quality failures (process or customer detriment)
- Continuous improvement of procedures and audit controls.
- Maintain own knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry practices and updating the business as required
- Support end-to-end testing of areas highlighted by the business as high priority/high risk
- Provide Management Information to the business regarding quality within operations.
What do we need from you?
- Proven and demonstrable experience in a Quality Assurance in a financial services environment
- Good working knowledge of Quality Assurance best practice and financial services regulations
- Proven monitoring, feedback, and coaching skills with a track record of improving standards
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions
- Self-motivated with strong planning, organisation, and technical skills
- Passionate about delivering service excellence
- Excellent communication, training, and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Attention to detail.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Previous experience of QA role in a retail lending environment such as banking operations, credit cards and/or unsecured loans
- Knowledge of banking regulations
- Regulatory reporting experience.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications and career pathways
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at