The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, it’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of, Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
The Fraud Team is the first line of defence against Fraud and Money Laundering. The Fraud Investigator investigates referrals from a varied range of systems with regards to the on-boarding of new applications and ongoing screening of existing customers across Mortgage, Savings and Business Banking Secured lending functions. As the bank grows and expands, the number of products within this remit will widen.
This role is crucial to maintaining the bank’s integrity and requires a strong communicator and objective decision maker. The Fraud Investigator works up a good understanding of the risk appetite of the bank, which assists in working cases referred into the Fraud team. Part of a wider Banking Services team, it’s critical that this role is worked in collaboration with other areas of the bank and the immediate team.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
As a Fraud Investigator at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough investigations and document clear rationale for decision making and recommendation process
- Mitigating Fraud losses
- Taking on board relevant training and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Atom products and services
- Taking ownership and always look for areas of improvement and self-development
- Supporting & embracing with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Providing SME fraud operations support to the Contact centre, and Originations
- To proactively contribute to the success of the team by sharing knowledge and ideas
- Demonstrating empathy by consistently seeing the customer’s point of view
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as allocated by the Team Leader.
What do we need from you?
- Previous experience of working within a financial institution
- High ethics & standards, whilst being flexible and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated with good attention to detail
- Represent and display our values in your role
- Ability to use initiative and think on your feet
- Great organisation skills – and the ability to follow through on actions agreed
- Supporting & embracing change
- Can work independently as well as part of a wider team.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Previous experience of working in a start-up
- Interest in Fraud prevention and detection
- Interest in digital technology
- Customer service experience.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications and career pathways
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at