Fraud Team Leader
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Fraud team investigate referrals from a varied range of channels and systems relating to Fraud detection and prevention activities including the on-boarding of new applications and ongoing screening of existing customers relating to Mortgage, Savings and Business Lending Products and this will expand as the number of products continues to widen.
As Fraud Team Leader you’ll organise, plan and ensure accurate completion of activities in a timely and efficient manner using your considerable knowledge and expertise in Fraud and Financial Crime to ensure the team comply with internal controls and external regulations
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Leadership of the workflow of your team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring activities are worked in a timely and efficient manner
- Performance management, motivation and development of team members, including 121’s and performance reviews
- Accountable for ensuring that all anti-fraud and Financial Crime related activities are carried out to a high standard and within agreed timescales, which will ensure service effectiveness and efficiency
- Support the development and delivery of processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with various rules and regulatory obligations, and Atom’s fraud management policies and risk frameworks
- Developing an ongoing understanding of the banks risk appetite, capturing and reviewing Risk Controls and events and maintaining an understanding of how the team works referrals.
- Ensuring losses are kept at a minimum, working with the team to identify and drive process change to improve the customer experience, improve controls and minimise Fraud
- Completing regular Quality Checks to evidence accurate completion of tasks, activities, and cases in line with procedures and standards
- Provide support to Fraud and Financial Crime related projects, providing guidance and support for testing and project teams
- Working with teams including Operational Effectiveness, Financial Crime and across the business to support the development of processes, procedures and controls to build an efficient, effective and compliant operation
What do we need from you?
- Expertise and knowledge in Fraud monitoring and rules to support Fraud and Financial Crime trends in a customer driven environment within financial services
- High ethics and standards
- A passion and enthusiasm for Fraud detection and Fraud prevention
- People management capabilities including development and performance management
- Strong and tactful communication skills
- Passionate about delivering high standards
- Stakeholder management experience
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible & hybrid working
- 4 day working week
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at