Fraud Team Leader
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
The Fraud Team Leader organises, plans and ensures accurate completion of activities in a timely and efficient manner using their considerable knowledge and expertise in Fraud to ensure the team comply with internal controls and external regulations.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Leadership of the workflow of your teams on a day-to-day basis, ensuring activities are worked in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide coaching, support, upskilling and development of individuals to ensure the team has the required knowledge and skills to complete tasks effectively.
- Performance management, motivation and development of team members, including 121’s and performance reviews
- Accountable for ensuring that all anti-fraud related activities are carried out to a high standard and within agreed timescales, which will ensure service effectiveness and efficiency. Support the development and delivery of processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with various rules and regulatory obligations, and Atom’s fraud management policies and risk frameworks
- Developing an ongoing understanding of the banks risk appetite, capturing and reviewing Risk Controls and events and maintaining an understanding of how the team works referrals.
- Ensure losses are kept at a minimum, working with the team to identify and drive process change to improve the customer experience, improve controls and minimise Fraud
- Updating and educating other areas of the business on fraud trends.
- Complete regular Quality Checks to evidence accurate completion of tasks, activities, and cases in line with procedures and standards.
- Provide support to Fraud related projects, providing guidance and support for testing and project teams
- Work with teams including Operational Effectiveness, Financial Crime and across the business to support the development of processes, procedures and controls to build an efficient, effective and compliant operation
- Manage monthly substantiation advice for submission to Financial Controller
- Periodic reviews of completed reconciliations, in line with the Atom Finance Policy
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Expertise and knowledge in Fraud monitoring and rules to support Fraud trends in a customer driven environment within financial services
- High ethics and standards
- A passion and enthusiasm for Fraud activities and Fraud prevention
- Proven and demonstrable experience in a leadership role
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to respond to change
- People management capabilities including development and performance management
- A strong and tactful communication skills
- Passionate about delivering high standards
- Stakeholder management
- Highly self-motivated
- Great organizational skills
- Support and embrace change
- Negotiate effectively and manage difficult situations
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – (up to 10% of basic salary) - Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at