Experience means everything to us at Atom. The People Experience team at Atom work hard to ensure that our past, present and potential employees have an inspiring and memorable experience.
The People Experience team is made up of Recruitment, People, Learning, Organisation Development, People Compliance and Internal Comms. Together they design, develop and deliver an employee journey that represents Atom’s and its strong values throughout.
The HR Coordinator will be responsible in helping deliver a best in class Employee Experience by driving and refining core people processes and systems to make sure they are the slickest and most efficient that they can be, in turn delivering the people experience possible. They will act as the expert for all core people processes and administrative tasks.
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of the payroll process and all associated benefits processes.
- Responsible for the effective management of the People Experience inbox to agreed SLAs.
- End to end responsibility for the Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes including all associated tasks and administration such as onboarding, payroll, issuing of documentation, inductions and exit interviews.
- Preparing contracts and other HR related letters such as salary increases and probationary review outcomes to agreed SLAs.
- Management of the core HR system including all system changes and access permissions.
- Maintaining the accuracy of employee information in all stages of the employee lifecycle, ensuring the timely upload of employee documentation to the core HR system.
- Providing a first line response to employee queries, giving guidance on policy, process and best practice, escalating to other members of the People Experience team where applicable.
- Support the management of the Share Schemes inbox and share records
- Compiling regular MI Reports for use across the People Experience team and the wider business.
- Using data and feedback to analyse key trends, improvement opportunities and success areas highlighting this to the People BP as appropriate.
- Specific responsibility for the return to work process ensuring that return to work meetings and trigger reviews are proactively managed through to completion. Liaising with other members of the People team as appropriate to diarise meetings.
- Managing administrative and logistical activities of team development interventions.
- Work with the Internal Communications Officer to co-ordinate the communication of key process changes.
- Automate and digitise all people processes where appropriate whilst maintaining a first class ‘People Experience’ and not losing the human touch!
- Regularly review the effectiveness of all People processes, tweaking and improving things as you go along, presenting any major findings or suggested actions to the People BP for review before action.
H&S and Environment
- Monthly stock take and resupply of first aid boxes, including ensuring lists and locations are updated
- Ensure office and bathrooms are appropriately and adequately stocked in line with health and wellness campaigns or other agreed activities.
- Monitor and report numbers of first aiders, first marshals and evac chair trained persons across the business and manage the re-qualification as required.
- Monitor reported accidents and highlight to People BP.
- Support other areas of the business and People Experience team as and when required.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
- A HR, payroll, administration or process improvement qualification would be advantageous.
Key performance indicators
- Accuracy of payroll input.
- Agreed SLAs for query response, resolution and issuing of documentation.
- Employee experience measures as agreed with People BP.
- Payroll experience.
- Experience in a HR or payroll related role, with a focus on processes or administration.
- Comfortable with using Technology as a fundamental part of their role.
- Experience of providing advice on more complex HR and H&S queries.
- Process improvement experience.
- Financial services/banking experience.
- SME/Growing Business Experience.
- Experience in improving and optimising processes using Technology.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at