Junior Operational Systems Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom. It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Originations, Underwriting, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations, Customer Administration, Customer Care and Financial Care.
The Junior Operational Systems Analyst supports the operation by configuring and maintaining our systems, ensuring we get the best out of the functionality that is available. They also support the operation by creating and distributing important MI to key stake holders.
The Junior Operational Systems Analyst works within the Operational Effectiveness team and is exposed to various elements of operational procedures.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As the Junior Operational Systems Analyst at Atom, your responsibilities will include;
- Working with stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Work with third party suppliers to discuss and escalate issues as well as drive progress.
- Make changes to the configuration of our systems.
- Produce, and circulate MI around the business.
- Identify opportunities for the business to make good use of updates, when new releases of our systems are launched.
- Develop, test, and deploy business solutions.
- Create MI Dashboards for operational areas when required.
- Assist the resource team as and when required.
What do we need from you?
- An understanding of the concepts of programming
- Problem Solver
- Self-motivated with good planning and organisation and technical skills
- A willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactively identify issues and enjoy tackling them and coming up with your own solutions.
- Team player with strong organisational, interpersonal and communications skills.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Advance VBA + XML skills
- Experience in maintaining databases.
What you’ll get from us?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at