We’re Atom bank.
We’re an app only bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
- The UK’s most trusted bank on Trustpilot Want to join us? Atom is a provocative, ambitious and driven Fintech that’s embarking on a chapter of major growth and is looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join the marketing team, to be a key part of this exciting and fast-paced journey
Atom is looking for a self-driven, enthusiastic individual who would like to join the rapidly growing operational effectiveness team within the bank. The ideal candidate will have a passion to develop their skills and knowledge and gain valuable experience along the way. This is a great opportunity for someone with an understanding of the concepts of programming and would like to enhance that within a fast-paced financial services environment.
The Junior Operational systems Analyst will configure and maintain existing operational systems throughout the business. Effective communication and an ability to create positive working relationships are key in continuously helping drive the Operations forward. You will be part of the Operational Effectiveness team, which will require performance of tasks to support the Resource Planning Analyst.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like? (but, no two days are the same at Atom)
- Work with third party suppliers to discuss and escalate issues as well as drive progress
- Contribute to Operations Impacting projects where applicable
- Assist Technical Data Administrator duties and contingency where necessary
- Configure, test and deploy business solutions
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you
- An understanding of the concepts of programming
- Problem Solver
- Self-motivated with good planning, organisation and technical skills
What would we ideally like from you
- Advance VBA + XML skills
- Experience in maintaining databases
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lesssons and a rowing membership
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Flexible working in a creative environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/sponsorship
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at