Junior Resource Planning Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom. It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Originations, Underwriting, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations, Customer Administration, Customer Care and Financial Care.
The Junior Resource Planning Analyst supports the Resource Planning Analyst with the long, medium, and short-term planning of the operational areas within the business. This incorporates front and back-office planning for areas such as Customer Service, Mortgages and Banking Operations.
Atom puts the customer at the forefront of everything it does, it is essential that we are resourced correctly to achieve the service standards we have set ourselves. The Junior Resource Planning Analyst supports the Resource Planning Analyst to complete the planning cycle, from forecasting demand volumes, to shift design to short term offline planning.
From time to time the Junior Resource Planning Analyst conducts analysis on the impact on resourcing because of a project or change to business practises. This involves working with the project team and operational area impacted to fully understand the change to allow an impact analysis to be conducted.
An essential part of their role is working with the various operational areas to understand the work they do (ensuring the resource modelling is as accurate as possible).
The Junior Resource Planning Analyst works within the Operational Effectiveness team and is exposed to various elements of operational procedures and system configuration. They configure and maintain existing operational systems throughout the business.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As the Junior Resource Planning Analyst at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include;
- Calculating resource requirements for the Operations function and the teams/areas within it.
- Forecasting demand into the Operations function.
- Schedule resource to ensure the achievement of service levels and the most efficient use of the resources available.
- Investigating deviations from the plan and feeding back these findings to the business.
- Providing updates to various stakeholders in the business regarding service expectations.
- Ensuring the operational WFM system is kept up to date, is optimised and represents reality.
- Understanding the reasons for demand and work with the business to highlight areas for attention/improvement.
- Support with the impact assessment of new initiatives impacting Operations and Atom customers, articulating not only the resource impact but also the impact on services levels etc.
- Support with the configuration and maintenance of operational systems.
What do we need from you?
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheet skills.
- Highly analytical.
- Excellent communications and stakeholder management skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactively identify issues and enjoy tackling them and coming up with your own solutions.
- Self-motivated with good planning and organisation and technical skills.
- Team player with strong organisational, interpersonal and communications skills.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Back-office resource planning experience.
- Experience working with Genesys WFM.
- Experience of working with smaller operational teams.
- Commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective.
What you’ll get from us?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at