The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Our Lending Processors work as part of the Lending Team and are responsible for reviewing documentation supporting lending applications, for residential mortgage and commercial lending products and for both new and existing customers.
We want to make sure we’re offering our customers a first-class service by getting it right the first time, therefore the document assessor’s main responsibilities will be to ensure that the documents received in support of an application are accurately assessed within designated SLAs and in line with Atom’s policies and procedures.
The role holder must have an understanding of the end-to-end lending application life cycle, from application to decisioning right through to completion and general servicing. The role holder must be proactive and be up to speed with our lending policies, procedures, products, and systems.
The role holder works closely with the Lending Team , by working closely together and in support of the Lending Specialists in their assessment and management of applications.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As a Lending Processor at Atom, you will be responsible for;
- Delivering excellent service by processing documents accurately and within agreed SLAs
- Effectively communicating with our intermediaries to request required documents
- Identifying and reporting any suspicious activity or concerns with the validity of information or documentation provided as part of the application process
- Ensuring accuracy and efficiency when reviewing applications and supporting documents and when keying information onto the lending systems
- Complying with company lending policies, risk appetite, controls, procedures and regulations
- Staying up to date with all mandatory compliance training and learning.
What do we need from you?
- Fast Learner – there’s lots we need you to know about Atom and our customers to make sure we exceed expectations in everything we do
- Passionate about delivering service excellence
- A good communicator – we interact with our customers, intermediaries and suppliers across a range of channels so your verbal and written communication skills need to be on point
- Quality focused - with a strong attention to detail & ability to take a methodical approach so that everything you are processing is of high quality
- Educated to at least GCSE level, including Maths and English (essential).
What would we ideally like from you?
- Strong IT skills
- Strong analytical skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at