Operational Effectiveness Manager
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution
Whats it all about?
The Operational Effectiveness team is an eclectic mix of activities, including quality assurance, resource modelling and planning, process improvement, procedural governance, knowledge management and operational systems configuration. In a nutshell, the team exists to enable the operational areas in providing the service Atom expects, in the most efficient way possible.
You’ll lead a small team of experts, who have the sole purpose of improving Operational efficiency and effectiveness. The team is accountable for all resource planning and will improve our App and operational systems/processes to reduce/eliminate demand, reduce effort, improve first contact resolution, and maximise resource utilisation. They ensure all change is introduced into operations effectively to reduce customer impact and to maximise benefits.
The Operations Effectiveness team measure and monitor our operational performance to ensure that changes are prioritised to realise the optimum benefits.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Represent operations across the entire change portfolio
- Effective impact assessment and business readiness planning
- Accurate resource planning for the whole of operations (short/real-time, mid-term and strategic planning in line with Business plans)
- Manage configuration/management of workflow tools/enablers
- Procedure Definition (on new projects) and Maintenance of existing framework
- Design, implement and deliver against the QA framework, reporting areas of non-adherence and putting strategies in place to improve adherence
- Ensuring Root Cause Analysis undertaken, and actions seen through
- Create effective and measurable process improvements
- Identifying, leading and measuring the automation agenda for operations and representing operations in automation forums
- Maintaining own knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry practices and updating the business as required
- Identify capability deficiencies, providing input into Operational Learning Needs Analysis and Change Steering
- Continuously enhance operational MI to ensure teams are managing their activities effectively
- Team leadership, including performance management and coaching of all the various OE Disciplines
- Represent Operations in Data Management governance committees as Data Steward
- Ensure that our Risk and Controls framework remains optimised based on the impact of changes.
What do we need from you?
- Be self-motivated with exceptional planning, organisation and technical skills
- Proven and demonstrable experience in financial services
- Proven monitoring, feedback and analytical skills with a track record of improving standards
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions
- Passionate about delivering service excellence
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Experience of team leadership and coaching skills.
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Knowledge of banking regulations
- Comprehension of Operational improvement tools, e.g. 8D, FMEA, Pareto, Ishikawa, lean six sigma etc
- Regulatory reporting experience
- Quality Assurance experience
- Resource Planning experience
- Process and procedure writing experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban etc
- Financial Services or regulated industry experience
- Substantive Resource Planning in complex, dynamic consumer orientated business
- Lean 6-Sigma or other Process Improvement Experience/certification.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at