Operational Resilience Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
The Operational Resilience analyst role is a new and exciting opportunity within Atom Bank to establish and to support resilience programme.
Operational Resilience has always been a key consideration to the design and execution of our banking capabilities. However, as we expand our product offering and increase our scale, we need to ensure that all aspects of our business are appropriately resilient. We have recently undertaken an assessment of our current resilience position, we now enter the next phase of the programme to implement Operational Resilience, tracking against the agreed implementation plan and recent audit findings.
This is an opportunity to establish a new regulation at the heart of the bank, working alongside all functions to deliver and embed Operational Resilience.
The Operational Resilience Analyst will support the implementation of the Operational Resilience policy and framework across the Bank, in line with regulations.
Supporting the Head of Operational Resilience to ensure;
- Full documentation of our important business services and associated interdependencies for both current and any planned future changes
- Ensuring Atom’s Important Business Services are identified, and underlying processes are accurately mapped (end to end)
- Provide support to business leads and specialist teams across Atom to deliver Operational resilience
- Identification of opportunities to strengthen operational capability in line with business services
- Assist with the collation of the Operational Resilience KPI holistic dashboard informing our Board and Key Stakeholders appropriately
- Promote and influence an operational resilience culture across the business, producing and presenting operational resilience insight to colleagues at all levels
- Providing knowledge and support to the business on Operational Resilience
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Atom infrastructure (tech, people, process) in order to identify impacts on Operational Resilience from new or existing initiatives.
- Liaise with key individuals from across the business to support the programme scope, approach, work breakdown structure and gain commitment to the various programme activities.
- Facilitate Resilience workstreams aligned to the overarching operational resilience framework and delivery roadmap
- To be an active member of the governance framework, proactively addressing any actions or plans.
- Contributing to risk identification on an ongoing basis.
- Production of resilience reporting for relevant stakeholders, senior management, regulators etc…
- Liaise with second and third lines of defence for assurance on the Operational Resilience framework.
- Ensure that deliverables are aligned with the supervising authorities thinking and ultimately regulation regarding operational resilience in the financial services sector.
What do we need from you?
- Ability to effectively support wider business and management.
- Exposure to UK Retail banking sector
- Have a mix of Technical and Operational experience, and able to converse coherently across business and technical areas
- Effective communication and stakeholder management capabilities.
- Detail oriented but able to make decisions in a time sensitive manner
- Proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative. Team player with a strong service orientation
- The capacity to develop and document analysis and findings.
- Experience in a risk-based organisation.
- Experience of financial services
What would we ideally like from you?
- Programme or project management experience an advantage
- Background in resilience-based activities (e.g. experience in business continuity or relevant).
- Demonstratable knowledge of the operational resilience/continuity regulatory requirements (PS21/3 and PS6/21) and trends.
- Experience of 3rd party risk management.
What you’ll get from us?
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at