People Services Coordinator
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance. We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Experience means everything to us at Atom. The People Experience team work hard to ensure that our past, present and potential employees have an inspiring, challenging and fulfilling working experience. The People Experience team is made up of Recruitment, Human Resources and Learning. Together they design, develop and deliver an employee journey that represents Atom’s and its strong values throughout.
The People Services Coordinator is responsible for delivering a best-in-class Employee Experience by driving and refining core people processes and systems to make sure they are the slickest and most efficient that they can be, in turn delivering the people experience possible. They act as the expert for all core people processes and administrative tasks.
This role is a pathway into a People (Human Resources) career with full developmental support and the scope to gain exposure and experience of all aspects of the People Experience team.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of the payroll process and all associated benefits processes
- Responsible for the effective management of the People Experience inbox to agreed SLAs
- End to end responsibility for the Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes including all associated tasks and administration such as onboarding, payroll, issuing of documentation, inductions and exit interviews
- Preparing contracts and other HR related letters such as salary increases and probationary review outcomes to agreed SLAs
- Management of the core HR system including all system changes and access permissions
- Maintaining the accuracy of employee information in all stages of the employee lifecycle, ensuring the timely upload of employee documentation to the core HR system
- Providing a first line response to employee queries, giving guidance on policy, process and best practice, escalating to other members of the People Experience team where applicable
- Support the management of the Share Schemes inbox and share records
- Compiling regular MI Reports for use across the People Experience team and the wider business
- Using data and feedback to analyse key trends, improvement opportunities and success areas highlighting this to the People BP as appropriate
- Specific responsibility for the return-to-work process ensuring that return to work meetings and trigger reviews are proactively managed through to completion. Liaising with other members of the People team as appropriate to diarise meetings
- Managing administrative and logistical activities of team development interventions
- Work with the Internal Communications Officer to co-ordinate the communication of key process changes
- Automate and digitise all people processes where appropriate whilst maintaining a first class ‘People Experience’ and not losing the human touch!
- Regularly review the effectiveness of all People processes, tweaking and improving things as you go along, presenting any major findings or suggested actions to the People BP for review before action.
H&S and Environment
- Monthly stock takes and resupply of first aid boxes, including ensuring lists and locations are updated
- Ensure office and bathrooms are appropriately and adequately stocked in line with wellbeing campaigns
- Monitor and report numbers of first aiders, first marshals and evac chair trained persons across the business and manage the requalification as required
- Monitor reported accidents and highlight to People Business Partner.
- Support other areas of the business and People Experience team as and when required.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Payroll experience
- Experience in a HR or payroll related role, with a focus on processes or administration
- Comfortable with using Technology as a fundamental part of their role
- Manage competing and conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail
- Stakeholder management and expectations.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite/Workspace
- Experience of providing advice on more complex HR and H&S queries
- Process improvement experience
- Financial services/banking experience
- SME/ Growing Business Experience
- Experience in improving and optimising processes using Technology
- A HR, payroll, administration, or process improvement qualification would be advantageous.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at