Quality Assurance Manager
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom, It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Intermediaries, Originations, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations and Customer Administration.
The Operational Effectiveness team is an eclectic mix of activities, including quality assurance, resource planning, process improvement, procedural governance, knowledge management and operational systems configuration. In a nutshell, the team exists to support the operational areas in providing the service Atom expects, in the most efficient way possible.
As part of the Operational Effectiveness team, you will manage Quality Assurance for Atom’s Operational areas. You will ensure that staff are adhering to internal processes, policies and procedures, and meeting regulatory obligations across all products. You will also ensure that Operations are responding to customer needs, delivering a high quality service in line with Atom’s culture and values and meeting Risk and Regulatory requirements.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation and monitoring of Atom’s operational quality management activities. As the bank grows and develops its proposition, you will help develop our processes and QA activities to ensure they remain fit for purpose and keep us aligned to the overall business plan.
The role will require you to support the wider Operational Effectiveness team and you will need to display good analytical and monitoring skills to ensure the operational processes deliver conduct and regulatory compliance, with a focus on attention to detail and accountability.
The role holder will have line management of Quality Assurance Analysts and oversight of the work they are conducting within the wider Operations area.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
As the QA Manager in Atom, you will be responsible for;
- Ownership of the Operational QA framework, ensuring that this is fit for purpose and making any changes/refinements as and when required.
- Delivering against the QA framework, reporting areas of non-adherence and putting strategies in place working with operational stakeholders to improve adherence.
- Completing monitoring and quality assurance checks for operational areas, providing feedback and coaching as required.
- Providing feedback on quality performance to the operational areas and leadership team.
- Completing periodic thematic reviews to identify and take appropriate action to prevent further quality failures (process failures or customer detriment).
- Chairing the monthly operational quality meeting.
- Maintaining own knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry practices and updating the business as required.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of procedures and audit controls.
- Providing reporting and training needs analysis to our Risk, Compliance, Operational and Learning and Development teams.
- Facilitating the effective ongoing relationship between quality assurance and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting end-to-end testing of areas highlighted by the business as high priority/high risk, such as collections and vulnerable customers.
- Providing management information to the business regarding quality within operations.
- Line management of Quality Assurance Analysts, including training/coaching of the team to support them and ensure they are performing at a high standard.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Proven and demonstrable experience in a financial services or related team.
- Extensive quality assurance experience and knowledge of financial services regulations.
- Proven monitoring, feedback and analytical skills with a track record of improving standards.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Excellent relationship management and coaching skills.
- Self-motivated with exceptional planning, organisation and technical skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills – verbal and written.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Collections experience.
- Presentation skills.
- Line management experience.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at