The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
What’s it all about?
Operations is the beating heart of Atom. It’s where we have the most contact with our fantastic customers and where we can ensure we’re truly offering the best possible customer service. The Operations team consists of; Originations, Underwriting, Customer Support, Operational Effectiveness, Payments, Fraud, Reconciliations, Customer Administration, Customer Care and Financial Care.
As a Reconciliations Assistant you will be responsible for the timely and accurate reconciliation of internal bank accounts to operating systems. You will ensure both internal and external controls and compliance are adhered to for all bank accounts and data reconciliations performed. These reconciliations cover multiple high level processes including Customer Funds and Treasury movements.
You will also provide support to the testing teams with data reconciliation ensuring requirements are met for bank account, system and general ledger reconciliations are evidenced and controlled.
What will your typical day look like? Different that’s for sure…
As a Reconciliations Assistant at Atom, you will be responsible for;
- Daily reconciliation and substantiation of transactions on bank accounts
- Daily reconciliation and substantiation of system data
- Daily investigation of any unmatched transaction and management through to resolution
- Notification to other departments of unmatched transactions and management through to resolution
- Daily filing of bank statement and supporting evidence
- Liaise with testing teams to support reconciliations in the UAT environments
- Periodic substantiation of charges from 3rd Parties for customer payment
What do we need from you?
- Basic understanding of double entry
- Understanding of spreadsheets i.e. excel
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Completion of tasks in a timely and effective manner and in compliance with policy
- Escalation of appropriate issues for resolution / action
What would we ideally like from you?
- Previous experience of adherence to internal and external financial compliance and control policies.
- Previous experience of a change environment
- Knowledge of different payment transactions desirable but not essential
What you’ll get from us?
- 4 day working week
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at