Telephone Business Development Manager role will provide inbound and outbound telephone and digital management of our residential & commercial intermediary distribution partners and provide support to the Regional Business Development Managers (RBDM) and National Account Managers (NAM) across the UK.
The TBDM will be responsible for the volume and quality of new business applications through a panel of defined intermediaries in an agreed regional or national area; ensuring they are trained on our systems, informed on our products and criteria, comply with our regulations and standards, and deliver the right outcomes for customers.
The role will require you to use your relationship building skills and market knowledge to identify and engage high quality intermediary firms to become advocates and supporters of the bank. As the bank continues to grow and develop its proposition, you will ensure activity and performance levels are aligned to the overall business plan.
You will be responsible for delivering outstanding service to our Intermediary partners and working closely with the Regional Business Development Managers, National Account Managers and our internal teams to ensure quality and compliance throughout the new business application processes and product lifecycle.
You will be part of an energetic, empowered and capable team that delivers a strong intermediary proposition, a partnership approach to our networks and intermediary firms & robust first line of defence activities.
The role holder will work alongside the Director of Retail Mortgages, Head of Business Development, Regional Business Development Managers, National Account Managers, Mortgage Processing, Customer Support and other key business areas internal and external.
- Build, develop and maintain fantastic relationships with our residential & commercial intermediaries and firms.
- Deliver & help design telephone and internet based meetings, presentations and comprehensive training material across the intermediary panel.
- Ensure all intermediary business delivery is consistent and compliant with relevant regulation and quality measures.
- Maintain knowledge of both residential & commercial products, lending criteria, operational processes and system developments and accurately deliver this knowledge to the intermediary market.
- Build and share knowledge internally and externally around trends and developments in the financial services marketplace (e.g. regulation, best practices, product developments)
- Support the RBDMs and NAMs with occasional attendance at broker meetings, roadshows, industry events, networking events, etc.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
Key performance indicators
- New business volumes
- New business quality
- Productivity levels and SLAs
- Treating Customer Fairly, Conduct Risk and Compliance
- People engagement
- Intermediary advocacy
- Customer service delivery
- Proven and demonstrable experience delivering inbound and outbound telephony based customer service or sales with strong relationship management skills
- Knowledge of the financial services market
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to respond to change
- A strong communicator and influencer at all levels
- Passionate about delivering service excellence
- Self-motivated with exceptional planning, organisation and activity management skills
- CeMAP or previous experience in intermediary/business development
- Relationship management experience
- Mortgage related product experience
- Knowledge of the mortgage & intermediary market
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at