Leadership Development Specialist
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not. Even our ad campaigns are a little bit different.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance. We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Experience means everything to us at Atom. The People Experience team work hard to ensure that our past, present and potential employees have an inspiring, challenging and fulfilling working experience. The People Experience team is made up of Recruitment, People, Data and Compliance, Learning and Internal Communications. Together they design, develop and deliver an employee journey that represents Atom and its strong values.
The Leadership Development Specialist is responsible for ensuring high performance across the organisation, through the design and delivery of leadership development working practices to encourage, engage, develop and support our leaders and managers to be the best they can be. The Leadership Development is Specialist will be responsible for the behavioural change needed to embed a high standard of leadership and management skills that make Atom an inspiring and fully compliant bank
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
Learning Needs Analysis, Diagnosis and Design
- Identify knowledge and skills gaps to plan, develop and deliver a broad range of development activities that strengthens the leadership capability at all levels
- As subject matter specialist, working with business stakeholders to identify trends along with short and long-term leadership development needs
- Design learning solutions, both in-house and with expert third parties, to meet needs with a wide range of creative, digital and blended learning interventions and approaches. This includes lesson plans, manuals and all training materials that align to Atom Academy standards
- Effective design and development and maintenance of in-house eLearning associated with leadership development
- Management of the electronically delivered materials that meet usability and accessibility standards, which support and enhance learning experiences.
- Provide inspirational facilitation, tuition, support and guidance to employees throughout their journey, helping them progress, achieve and reach their potential.
- Develop, embed and manage a coaching framework that drives a Coaching culture
- Co-manage and deliver the coaching action learning groups and networks
- Responsibility for the effective delivery ILM Level 3 Coaching Programme (or the design of an in-house equivalent)
- Provide ongoing individual coaching, training and development for Coaches and Line Managers across the business, in particular helping new managers grow into their role in a timely and effective way
- Develop, progress and champion Atom’s Learning and Coaching communities, creating learning mechanisms that empower everyone to share their own learning and experiences.
- Effective relationship management with leaders and managers across the organisation including the Executive Committee and Board.
Risk and Compliance
- Management of all Executive Committee, Board and senior management development, fulfilling compliance and regulation requirements including record-keeping
- Oversight of all management related compliance processes including the Responsibility Map.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Knowledge and application of leadership and management theory in training and development settings
- Highly developed stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation including Board members
- Training needs analysis, design and delivery skills including eLearning for delivery via a virtual learning environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage effectively and confidently with a wide range of people, including staff at all levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner to suit a range of audiences
- Ability to manage large groups of people of all levels, knowledge and backgrounds
- Knowledge of learning styles and preferences
- Knowledge of training evaluation methodology
- CIPD or relevant Learning and Development/Training qualification or demonstrable experience within a hands-on design and training delivery role or equivalent
- Leadership and Management qualification or equivalent.
What would we ideally like from you?
- Knowledge of Financial Services Compliance and Regulation requirements including the Senior Manager and Certification Regime
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – (up to 10% of basic salary) - Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at