People Business Partner
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Experience means everything to us at Atom. The People Experience team work hard to ensure that our past, present and potential employees have an inspiring, challenging and fulfilling working experience. The People Experience team is made up of Recruitment, Human Resources and Learning. Together they design, develop and deliver an employee journey that represents Atom’s and its strong values throughout.
Our People BP partners with key stakeholders, leaders and other People Experience team members to deliver a people experience service in line with the needs and priorities of the bank. They partner with senior leaders throughout the business to drive productivity through talent management, employee engagement and the implementation and delivery of key HR initiatives, translating business requirements into effective HR practices. The People Business Partner deals with the most complex and sensitive day to day people management issues. The People BP role supports people processes including on-boarding, employee relations, absence management, performance management and any other day to day people processes are managed effectively creating a seamless and inspiring people experience.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
As the People Business Partner at Atom bank, you’ll be responsible for;
- Partner with Executives and HODs to drive performance through the use of employee data ensuring a proactive approach to all factors that influence high performance
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leaders across the business to further drive performance and anticipate challenges and risks before they arise
- Ensure high levels of organisation performance through the identification, remediation and/or off-boarding of the lowest performers in the business
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the strategy of the organisation and business plan to ensure all people activities align in the achievement of the organisation goals
- Responsibility for resolving all employee relations issues to appropriate and fair outcomes personally and managing the most complex and sensitive
- Support, develop and coach senior leaders using policies, procedures and best practice in order that people issues
Organisation design and resourcing planning
- Partner with key stakeholders in the business to ensure resourcing plans are current and meet business needs
- Use of organisational design, job design and change management principles to ensure high performance amongst individuals and teams
- To be a key influencer with senior leaders across the organisation on the importance of employee engagement
- Manage and coordinate the Atom’s employee engagement measurement including surveys and ensure continuous improvement
- Responsibility of employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle, collaborating with the People Experience to develop and maintain it
- Evolving our rewards and benefits package to align to our diverse population
- Limit risk to key roles in the business through partnering with senior stakeholders in identifying and facilitating successors to all senior roles including those as part of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime
- Collaborate with Learning and Recruitment in the effective implementation of succession and development plans
- Actively identify key talent with senior stakeholders ensuring development pathways and career progression is identified where possible
Reward & Benefits
- Supporting with monthly payroll and benefit activities
- Supporting with activities such as the Annual Performance Bonus Scheme, Cost of Living, and other reward related projects.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in providing HR and people related support within organisations
- Strong working and up to date knowledge of employment law
- Practical approach to employee relations
- Understanding of payroll processes and practices
- Strong influencer/collaborator at all levels
- Experience in HR administrative systems
- Demonstrable experience of ER
- Able to multi-task and deliver at pace.
- HR degree or related study/experience
- Masters level HR related qualification
- CIPD Qualified
What would we ideally like from you?
- Flexibility and Agility
- Results orientated
- Mediation and/or conflict resolution
- Banking or Financial services experience
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at