Talent Acquisition Partner
We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
Experience means everything to us at Atom. The People Experience team at Atom work hard to ensure that our past, present and potential employees have an inspiring and memorable experience. The People Experience team is made up of Talent Acquisition, People, and Learning. Together they design, develop and deliver an employee journey that represents Atom’s and its strong values throughout.
The Talent Acquisition Partner plays a key role in ensuring Atom source, attract and recruit the best possible people into the business. By pro-actively promoting Atom’s Employer Brand in direct sourcing exceptional candidates as well as liaising with multiple stakeholders across all levels within the business, (and recruitment agency partners where needed). The Talent Acquisition team ensure that potential candidates receive the best possible experience while working to tight timescales in ensuring top talent is employed by Atom.
What’s in it for me?
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Partnering with Hiring Managers in developing and gaining a deep understanding of roles, skills and experiences required
- Assisting in writing job descriptions and adverts for live vacancies ensuring all Atom standards are met
- Carrying out job pricing and benchmarking for new and existing roles liaising with Hiring Coaches to agree appropriate salary points
Attraction and sourcing
- Analysing market trends and opportunities to expertly building Atom’s employer brand with regards to targeted vacancies
- Identifying and implementing a wide range of advertising sources for Atom vacancies ensuring alignment to Atom’s strategy and values as well as ensuring reach
- Identifying, planning and organising suitable talent acquisition methods for direct hires such as career fairs, job fairs etc.
- Strategic and proactive sourcing of candidates using networks, social recruitment sites and other in-house tools
- Working with Marketing and PR to ensure all roles are advertised using appropriate social media channels
- Ensuring Atom’s career site, both internal and external, is up to date with current live vacancies
- Driving forward talent acquisition focussing on diverse groups and increase Atom’s presence as an ‘employee of choice’
- Contributing to the development of collateral that both promotes and celebrates Atom in attracting potential candidates
- Designing and administer assessment techniques appropriate for the position and activities of the roles.
- Managing and participate in interviews with the specific aim of assessing the candidates cultural fit to Atom Bank.
- Confirming and producing candidate offers
- Managing and running the boot camp/assessment centre recruitment processes
- Identifying potential and strong talent form the recruitment process collaborating with the wider People and team to anticipate and develop talent interventions to fast-track employee success
- Identifying and tracking potential talent to build a talent pipeline that can be used in future internal and external talent acquisition
- Collaborating with the People and Learning team to ensure successful candidates receive an onboarding process that reflects Atom’s values and contributes to the overall employee experience
- Managing and monitoring recruitment data sets using information to build business cases for change within the talent acquisition activities
- Contributing to the production of recruitment MI ensuring accuracy in all data and reporting
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- HR/Business related degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Deep knowledge of the regional and national job markets and trends (including internal recruitment trends)
- Analytical skills in reviewing trends in recruitment and selection as well as internal recruitment data and MI
- Demonstrable experience in sourcing candidates within all sectors
- Demonstrable experience in conducting recruitment interviews
- Demonstrable experience in bench marking across a multitude of sectors
- Ability to produce Management Information and confidently use this is reporting
- Good organisational skills
- Basic Microsoft Office/G Suite skills
- Ability to perform in a time pressured environment
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to give constructive feedback
What would we ideally like from you?
- Experience of working within an in-house recruitment team
- Experience of working with recruitment agencies
- Understanding of the regional and national job markets and trends
- Financial services or banking sector experience
- Experience of working in a small team
- Mentoring experience
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at