The Credit Risk team is responsible for credit risk management of all lending products across the entire customer journey.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the ongoing review and delivery of credit policy across all lending products. They will work with the Decision Systems Manager to deliver and manage automated decision systems to provide efficient and cost-effective account opening and customer management across Atom’s product range ensuring that Atom policies can be effectively applied with minimal levels of manual intervention. They will be responsible for reporting and analysis of lending product performance and will use insight from this analysis to develop proposals to adjust lending strategy in order to maximise the profitability of the lending portfolio.
The role will require a proactive individual capable of working with teams across the business including Strategy, Propositions, Operations, Compliance, Data and IT.
- Support the development of new business credit risk strategies including credit and affordability decisions to support the business’ growth agenda whilst maintaining control of credit quality and performance
- Assist in the delivery of the BAU change programme for Atom’s existing decision engines to ensure that credit policy (including strategies, scorecards, policy rules and calculators) can be applied to all new business applications
- Participate in the design and deployment of decision engine updates to support new business initiatives
- Provide testing and quality assurance on work carried out on behalf of Atom by Decision Metrics and TransUnion
- Perform regular, comprehensive credit reporting and investigative analysis on new business and portfolio management and identify improvements to policies and procedures
- Assist with the development and implementation of credit risk MI to ensure the effective and ongoing monitoring of all credit risk strategies
- Ensure that all credit data and credit models are thoroughly and accurately documented and tested
- Assist with the design and implementation of champion:challenger tests to progressively refine lending strategies
- Produce regular MI on the performance of the decision engine(s), reporting to Credit Committee as required
- Undertake ad hoc work as directed by line manager from time to time
Key performance indicators
- New lending volumes in line with business targets
- Arrears and credit losses maintained within bank’s risk appetite
- Fraud losses maintained within agreed risk appetite
- Decision engine performance on referral rates and response times in line with business targets
- Timely and accurate delivery of decision engine changes and new decision engine implementation
- Highly numerate, preferably backed by a strong quantitative degree
- Understanding of data systems and infrastructures
- Programming, database extraction and reporting experience
- Strong data interpretation/interrogation skills, including data manipulation and analysis techniques, to create meaningful insight
- Proficient user of SAS, R or similar
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular MS Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative
- Experience of credit risk management in financial services
- Understanding of credit bureau data
- Previous experience of the design and delivery of decision engines
- Experience of building scorecards, decision trees and related statistical models
How do I apply?
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at