Senior Decision Systems Analyst
We’re Atom We’re an app-based bank, so we don’t have any branches on the high street. Traditional we are not.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019.
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies.
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20).
Atom is the UK’s first app-based bank built exclusively for mobile. It’s redefining what a bank should be, making things easier, transparent and better value in the world of finance.
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Want to join us?
The Credit Risk team is responsible for credit risk management across the entire customer journey. The Senior Decision Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the ongoing automated delivery of credit policy across all lending products.
The Senior Decision Systems Analyst works with the Decision Systems Manager to deliver and manage automated decision systems to provide efficient and cost-effective account opening, and subsequently customer management, across Atom’s product range. The role holder is responsible for ensuring that Atom policies can be effectively applied with minimal levels of manual intervention.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
As a Senior Decisions Systems Analyst as Atom, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting in the delivery of the BAU change programme for Atom’s existing decision engines to ensure that credit policy (including scorecards, policy rules, calculators and segmentation strategies) can be applied to all new business applications.
- Participating in the development of Atom’s suite of decision engines including the design and deployment of new engines to support the new product delivery programme and to drive increased automation into other processes including customer management and collections.
- Seeking out continuous improvements to the operation of the decision engines to support Atom’s drive for automation across all processes.
- Providing testing and quality assurance on work carried out on behalf of Atom by Decision Metrics and TransUnion.
- Designing champion/challenger tests to progressively refine decision strategies.
- Producing regular MI on the performance of the decision engine(s), reporting to Credit Committee as required.
- Acting as a source of expert knowledge to the business on the operation of the decision engine(s) and deal promptly with operational queries.
- Acting as a source of expert knowledge on credit bureaux information.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Previous experience of the design and delivery of decision engines across a variety of lending products and ideally including mortgages
- Extensive programming, database extraction and reporting experience
- Strong analytical skills using SAS, R or similar to produce and interpret MI
- Strong communication skills
- Highly numerate, preferably backed by a strong quantitative degree, ideally from a mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics, finance or related subject
What would we ideally like from you?
- Full understanding to the use of credit bureau data.
- Direct experience of Decision Metrics Strategy Design Solution.
- Direct experience of TransUnion SHARE data.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at