Lead PMO Analyst
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
- Featured in London Stock Exchange’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2019
- Ranked 12th in Business Cloud’s 100 FinTech disruptors list which looks at the UK’s most exciting financial technology companies
- Named in the Chronicle’s top 50 best places to work in the North East (listed in the top 20)
Here’s some of the tech we use:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
Want to join us?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
It’s important that everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry as well as providing exceptional customer service.
The Studio is the Atom bank PMO function. The function sits within the Strategy Directorate and has direct ownership of Programme and Project Management. The Studio works directly with the Technology functions and relies on their contribution to support delivery.
The Studio provides independent overarching management, tracking and control of Atom’s programme and project portfolio, ensuring delivery roadmaps, milestones, risks, issues and resources/capacity are assessed, assured and appropriate.
The Lead PMO Analyst is an integral part of The Studio, involved in the categorisation, assessment and governance of change to optimise portfolio outputs and demonstrate control without loss of agility. Working closely with the Studio Manager and Head of Studio to drive the definition and implementation of PMO governance processes and controls, whilst providing best practice advice, guidance and support to technology, strategy and the wider business, as necessary.
With responsibility for the PMO Support Analyst(s), the Lead PMO Analyst is responsible for the analysis of project and portfolio data, the development of metrics and providing insightful reporting to support management decisions (including production and submission of key board and executive level reports, maintenance of key risk and performance indicators).
The Lead PMO Analyst acts as a liaison between business departments and the Technology function by educating stakeholders about Studio and Project practices and regularly identifying areas for improvement and is the key point of contact for PMO tools.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
Leading key PMO activities including, but not limited to:
- Analysis of project and portfolio data
- Development and tracking of metrics
- Administration and maintenance of Studio owned tools (including Tempo & Jira)
- Production of high-quality Executive and Board level reports
- Completion of regular Key Performance Indicator reports
- Completion of regular Key Risk Indicator reports
- RFI, RFP and onboarding processes for new Studio-owned tooling
- Tracking and administering portfolio RAID logs
- Ensuring reporting is timely and effective
- Identifying efficiency savings
- Implementation of new ways of working
Acting as the key point of contact for:
- PMO tools
- Best practice advice, guidance and support to technology, strategy and the wider business
Driving evolutions of the Portfolio, including:
- Participation in the improvement of project and portfolio management methodologies
- Encouraging PMO maturity through coaching and knowledge sharing within the Technology community and the Strategy Department
- Defining and maintaining a centralised PMO knowledge base
- Documenting and maintaining delivery frameworks and document templates
Supporting the Studio Manager and Head of Studio in various activities including, but not limited to:
- Risk control definition and attestation Programme and project management
- Programme and project assurance activities
- Data gathering and analysis
- Creation and maintenance of key Studio documentation
- Produce presentational information
- Ad-hoc report production
The Lead PMO Analyst is also regularly expected to:
- Liaise with third parties and external stakeholders
- Provide support, guidance and advice on best practice in line with Studio principles
- Collaborate across various business functions
- Support and encourage knowledge sharing within and external to the team
- Contribute to the enhancement of ways of working
In addition, all members of The Studio are expected to proactively:
- Position ‘The Studio’ as a trusted partner within Atom by striving for accuracy, transparency and execution excellence in all activities
- Seek out opportunities to improve The Studio, Technology and Strategic activities
- Stand-in for other team members where needed
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Effective communicator at all levels with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate and simplify complex information
- Ability to cope under pressure and balancing multiple priorities to deadlines
- Highly motivated with demonstrable leadership attributes
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be extremely diligent and attentive to detail
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and/or G Suite (Sheets, Slides Docs)
- Good knowledge of collaboration tools
- Experience working in a PMO group within Financial Services and/or Technology environments
- Experience writing executive and board level reports
- Strong understanding of Project Management & IT governance and methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Prince2, etc)
What would we ideally like from you?
- Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner Certification
- Experience leading in a PMO group within Financial Services and/or Technology environments
- Experience of supporting a PPM System
- Benefits management experience
- Demonstrable experience in defining governance documentation
- Line management/Coaching experience
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and immediate family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Flexible working in a creative environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
The legal bit.
If you send us your CV we'll use your details when we’re looking at your application for this job. We'll also store your CV for six months in case any roles that we think you'd be a great fit for become available.
If you don’t want us to use your details for this, or if you'd like any information at all about how we use your data, then just let us know at